SAU Community

Suggested Sound System For A R34 Gt-t 1998

Long story made short, Im basically going to purchase a Black R34 GT-T stock as a rock in the up coming weeks.

And was wondering What people think is like the best sound system i could put into this car.

I read up that it has 6.5" front and rear so i already did some research and i use to have Boston Acoustics in my old car.

But im going maybe towards the lines of Focals or Alpines this time.

I already have the amps. Alpine 4.150 for the speakers and Alpine 1.1000 for the sub.

IN CONCLUSION:

I just need some good ideas For front speakers / Rear Speakers / Head deck [single or Double din] / Wiring / Subwoofer [Only 1]

Thanks for your help in advance :P

Edited by Black R34 GT-T

Ive got the same amps as you and i run a full alpine type s system with 2 type s 12" subs and the head unit is the cda-9886i. Its good and cheapish.

Edited by J Bang

Hey mate, I have a 1999 R34 and im currently running the following

Im running a Kenwood KVT 532DVD (touch screen dvd player)

Kenwood dvd player

Pionner TS-A1702C in the front

Pionner splits

Pionner TS-D1602R for rear fills

Pioneer rear fills

So far it has cost around $1800 got the items on sale from auto barn. So im sure you have a hunt around ebay etc im sure you could find better prices :P, Not really fazed for a subwoofer just yet, But in the next few weeks will be looking into amps :banana: but yeah that falls in your price range

Long story made short, Im basically going to purchase a Black R34 GT-T stock as a rock in the up coming weeks.

And was wondering What people think is like the best sound system i could put into this car.

I read up that it has 6.5" front and rear so i already did some research and i use to have Boston Acoustics in my old car.

But im going maybe towards the lines of Focals or Alpines this time.

I already have the amps. Alpine 4.150 for the speakers and Alpine 1.1000 for the sub.

IN CONCLUSION:

I just need some good ideas For front speakers / Rear Speakers / Head deck [single or Double din] / Wiring / Subwoofer [Only 1]

Thanks for your help in advance :rofl:

- What kind of music do you listen to?

- Are you after volume or SQ?

- Does that price include install or are you doing it yourself (recommended option)

On a side note, i have Focal's and love them, and i wouldn't bother with rear speakers (especially in that budget)

is that $2500 just for speakers headunit and install?? if it is i recomend picking up a nice set of Boston Pro60's for the front setting back around $1000 if you pay full retail, leave the rears out like -Stokesy- said, go a CDA-9887 H/U from alpine (best sounds quality h/u out there for $700 Retail and then invest in some dynamat for you front doors and boot if you have the cash setting you back around $350 for a bulk pack which will do the front doors rear parcleshelf and your boot lid with a little bit possible left over, and for a sub depending on what you listen to i would sugest a Rockford Fosgate P3 12" for good clean tight SQ Bass setting you back around the $400 mark, all up thats $2450 retail for all the gear (install on it all would probs come to around $500-$600 including the install of dynamat. in saying that if you want to get the price down haggle for a price on everything if you buy it all from the one shop,if you haggle from the one shop you could probs get the speakers down to $900,H/U down to $600,Sub down to $350 and Dynamat down to $280 taking it to $2120 which is a fair bit cheaper or you could step down to SL60's in bostons which are only $599 and could probs get them at $500 so that would then take it down to $1620. but you lose a fair bit of midbass with them over the Pro's aswell as SQ on the Highend notes. Where are you located???

Edited by cavell

Tanks for the help guys

Yeh i had Boston SL's front and back on my old car. And they were awesome.

With 2 P2 Rockford fosgate subs.

Im located in Wollongong (South of Sydney) Area.

Is it true that rears are not worth it?

And i listen to mostly RNB, but everything in general

Just seems weird thats all haha

Edited by Black R34 GT-T

My picks would be:

Subwoofer -- SPL Dynamics XTR 12" -- $400

http://www.spldynamics.fi/xtr-sub/xtr-300d4-e.html

Speakers -- SPL Dynamics HF Components -- $350 per pair

http://www.spldynamics.fi/hf-comp/index-e.htm

Head Unit -- Schneider SDD7GPS -- Around $1500

Its a 7" Double Din DVD Screen with GPS and Reverse Camera built in. Its got bluetooth and a 3 year warranty.

You will probably need some sound deadening to really make that system shine. Accumat is the best option since its half the weight of Dynamat. It costs $80 for 5 sheets of 12"x12". I will assume you would need 2 lots of 5 = $160

TOTAL: $2760

$2410 if you don't include the rear speakers.

That system would be loud and clear and take advantage of all of the power from those amplifiers. The speaker amplifier will actually underpower the components to be honest but it will be more than enough to get it loud.

Well those are my picks. I have had a play with all of that gear and they wont dissapoint.

Cheers.