SAU Community

Riverland Auto Expo 2009

MissR34

As one of the members of the aus300zx group present at the Loxton show and Shine, I have read all your comments with interest. Just so people know who I am (if anyone cares), I am the guy that got the trophy for 3rd place in the Jap import category. This is my 4th attendance at the Riverland auto expo, where in previous years it has always been in Berri. As a group, most of the aus300zx contingent that attend the Riverland auto expo each year are from Melbourne and as such, we like doing the odd 700km trek to Berri (or Loxton this year) every year.

Reading all the posts, I think the main issue that people have is with us leaving early. I'm not here to make excuses, because quite frankly, I dont have any. It was poor form for us to leave early and to be honest, I dont think we really knew why it happened. As a group we have discussed this, and have collectively decided that it was not a good idea. Make of that what you will, and continue to chastise us if you wish. We have learnt our lesson and wont be making the same mistake again and nor have we made that mistake in previous years at Berri. And yes, we were all present at the presentation dinner on the saturday night.

As for the other comments made against us, well, really.... its all just sticks and stones. If you thought our halloween theme was crap, then so be it..:thumbsup: But it still got us the trophy..:P And as for the comments about our "pretty slapper" cars.... well, I guess you're posting on a skyline forum and its in your DNA to hate everything 300zx... There has always been a "friendly" (or maybe not so friendly..:cool:) rivalry between all the nissan makes (skylines, silvia, zeds etc etc) so we dont care too much about your "slapper" comments..:P At the end of the day, it would just be good for a change if everyone just realised we all drove nissans.

As for your display, I quite enjoyed coming over and looking at the SAU cars. Quite a nice collection of skylines there, and if I'm not mistaken, you also had a 350z in your group? Anyway, top effort.

We will be back next year with another display, but have no idea on what that will be yet. Hope to see some of your cars there again, and perhaps you wont give us dirty looks when you realise we are from aus300zx..:P

Goodluck with your display for next year!

I agree. It was the exact same display the year before at Berri, minus the halloween shite. And iirc they won that too.

-D

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't misread my posts a purposely inflammatory or hateful Jedi. I meant the 'slapper' comment a bit tongue in cheek, and many of us Skyline owners have a soft spot for 300ZXs, and of course realise (and love) that they are Nissans. Of course there is some friendly rivalry between the different models and followings, and I can see how you guys would take offence at my posts, but I assure you they were meant to be more cheeky than outright hostile ....

I applaud you for coming on here and clearing things up. Hope to catch you at the next country show. No hard feelings hey? :thumbsup:

No hard feelings guys..:D Look forward to seeing you next year...:)

Gday, big ups for coming on here..... as said we do like all the nissans, heres a couple of shots from your display on the weekend.

We know you guys put in the effort, were just jealous coz we wanted to go for a swim early too.

...But as stated its not really fair for the paying public to come to an empty oval. Anyhow congrats, catch ya next year!

post-27804-1256778243_thumb.jpg

post-27804-1256778264_thumb.jpg

Halloween theme? Oh i see, that collection of Bob Jane rims is enough to scare anyone off

Ouch! There were some very nice cars in that display, I just was sure the holden boys would have won it.

Ya'll have given us a bit to think about regarding our next display, sure points out ways that we can improve..

Cyas next year fo sure

-D

Ouch! There were some very nice cars in that display, I just was sure the holden boys would have won it.

Ya'll have given us a bit to think about regarding our next display, sure points out ways that we can improve..

Cyas next year fo sure

-D

Ben, I've got a bit of a novel idea for our next display ... keeps things japanese too :) I'll chat with ya later about it.

:D

^^^^ Amen to that brother

I still wanna know why I didn't win best Volvo!!! :D

yeah i thought you had that award all yours mate.....maybe another volvo beat you to it :)

Cannot wait for next year...specially being in renmark....ohh yeah :D

some of those zeds in the display looked very nice....i would have thought that you guys would have been more artistic in the way you were setting up your display but anyhow thats something to think off for next year i guess....every show that i have been to with SAU there has been an artistic approach as to how the cars are parked in the display.....but anyhow well done on you guys for driving that far just for the show....hopefully see you all at renmark next year

*** Disclaimer: I wasn't at the show and can only go by the photos I've seen and the comments that I've read. ***

I just went over and had a look at the AUS 300ZX forum and apart from having a better collection of photos than has been posted on here I think some kudos should go to them.

1. 6 of them drove over from Victoria including towing a race car over.
  2. Their display of red car, black car, red car, black car etc suited their Halloween theme.
  3. There is a lot more detail to their Halloween theme than what can be seen in the photos posted here.
  4. It seems that they were the only club that had a theme - and 1 week from Halloween I think showed good initiative.
  5. They were more appreciative and respectful of the SAU cars than SAU were of theirs. They make very positive comments about PURESX & appreciated PUREZED, HOSTILE, DOMHAR, ENR-034, Inline6 (no plates were on it) and SLED. I couldn't even tell how SAU lined up the cars until I saw it on the AUS 300ZX forum. One guy wants the DOMHAR plates too (his girlfriend is Vietnamese).
  6. One of their female members dressed up as a witch (to a degree given it was 34) and walked around giving the kids lollies. Simple but very kind (no smart arse comments please).

SAU-SA is still in its infancy as a club and IMO we still have a lot of growing up to do. I for one see absolutely no value in making derogative comments about another car club unless they are exhibiting behaviour which will cause problems for all motoring enthusiasts. From what I gather the people at AUS 300ZX were a lot more humble in winning than we were gracious in defeat.

Here are some quotes from their thread: http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294682

"Here are some standout cars from the show (don't worry, plenty of Z pics in a min )" [the next 6 photos are ALL from the SAU display]

"The winner of the Jap Import Category... This 180sx was fantastic..."

"I think the fact that we had a theme, combined with our layout, and the fact that all cars essentially were the same gave us a boost in winning the club display award. However, we did cop a "tsk tsk" for leaving the grounds early, when apparently people were still being charged to come in the gates. That's a big SORRY from us, next time we will stay till stumps!"

"There was another Nissan club there - the SA chapter of Skylines Australia I believe. As can be seen from the background above, they were quite close to our group. This 180SX cleaned up at least 3 trophies including best Jap Import, and his wife owns the kitted 350Z below. PUREZED and PURESX, with a GT-R in the garage as well, ya reckon it's plate is PUREGTR?"

"A nice 350Z.." [PUREZED]

"The 180sx that won 1st place in the Jap Import Category, was very outstanding!"

"2nd place in the Jap Import (I believe?)" [Cara's RUNVS2 - I know she wasn't part of the SAU display]

"and a few random skylines..."

"coming back to this photo.. [HOSTILE with DOHMAR] cant remember who took it, but anyone that knows vietnamese, unfortunately i dont but my girlfriend is vietnamese born in australia, so half asian but speaks it fluently, so i know a little bit that she taught me.

so can you make out the plates in the background? i showed my girlfriend as i know what they mean from the few lessons i had. naturally you learn swearwords first... so we havent stopped laughing all night. how that got though printing is beyond me.. :

it means : f@@k your mother in viet.

i want it."

To be honest, our initial aim was to park the cars in an arc. But this was a problem from the start... Some wanted an concave, some wanted a convex.... finally we agreed on a concave arc, but not all the members were there at one time.... I think the heat warped a few of our brain cells on that day, because even parking in a concave arc was hard lol..:D We're from Melb, its a lot cooler there..:wub: Anyway, in the end, we just did the straight line thing..:wub: Next year, I'm going to designate myself as "club car parking for displays" officer..:)

^^^^ Amen to that brother

yeah i thought you had that award all yours mate.....maybe another volvo beat you to it :D

Cannot wait for next year...specially being in renmark....ohh yeah :)

some of those zeds in the display looked very nice....i would have thought that you guys would have been more artistic in the way you were setting up your display but anyhow thats something to think off for next year i guess....every show that i have been to with SAU there has been an artistic approach as to how the cars are parked in the display.....but anyhow well done on you guys for driving that far just for the show....hopefully see you all at renmark next year

Wow, how many people are cut over this shit? It's a f**king car show? Who cares how cars are parked or displayed? Who cares if aus300zx.com had a theme. I also agree with some of their comments saying that we're Skylines Australia but we have other models in our displays which will never work in our favour if you really want to win a club display award, but then on the other hand we have a handful of member who don't own skylines but are valued members of the SAU:SA community.

But honestly. I think everyone needs to pull their heads from their asses and realise that its a country car show. You go to them for a fun weekend away and to hang out with mates with a common interest in cars and car modification not to win the most awards and sook when you don't.

Grow the f**k up.

What about my R32 lol

where's the GTSt love!!!

I didn't think the 300zx club did too bad at all, they had alot of cars plus I did like the use of props :) I must admit I have a soft spot for the Z32s, I was actually looking at buying one a while back to put next to my R32 :D

Congratulations to the 300zx crew on thier win!

At the end of the day, all things aside - Riverland Auto Expo 09; Nissan represent!!!!!!

Wow, how many people are cut over this shit? It's a f**king car show? Who cares how cars are parked or displayed? Who cares if aus300zx.com had a theme. I also agree with some of their comments saying that we're Skylines Australia but we have other models in our displays which will never work in our favour if you really want to win a club display award, but then on the other hand we have a handful of member who don't own skylines but are valued members of the SAU:SA community.

But honestly. I think everyone needs to pull their heads from their asses and realise that its a country car show. You go to them for a fun weekend away and to hang out with mates with a common interest in cars and car modification not to win the most awards and sook when you don't.

Grow the f**k up.

I think you will find that the actual SAU:SA club display had 3 R32 GTR's, 1 R32 GTsT, 2 R33 GTS-T's, 1 R34 GT, 1 V35GT and 1 Stag......so how is that going away from the Skyline model.....ok well the stag is a skyline in disguise but the 180, 350 zed and Rcolt were on their own display's

Thanks for the kind words writeoff. Posts on club forums can always get a bit heated and biased. Its just the way of the things. Aus300zx is guilty of that too, and we have had a few threads in the past that have been questionable and quite silly and indicate that some of our members need to do some growing up as well. We sometimes see our cars through rose colored glasses. Thankfully, most of what I call the core group at aus300zx (the old timers, who have had their zeds for many years) just love motorsport in general and appreciate all makes. Many of us are part of NDSOC (Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club), and compete in motorsport events, sometimes (as demonstrated with our trip to Loxton) happy to travel interstate for a few days of racing or spectating. One of our members who was with us at Loxton is a member here at SAU and has an awesome R32 GTR....

So yeah, there's plenty of room for skylines and zeds to be friends...:D Its just good to know that we are all passionate about our cars and club..:)

*** Disclaimer: I wasn't at the show and can only go by the photos I've seen and the comments that I've read. ***

I just went over and had a look at the AUS 300ZX forum and apart from having a better collection of photos than has been posted on here I think some kudos should go to them.

1. 6 of them drove over from Victoria including towing a race car over.
  2. Their display of red car, black car, red car, black car etc suited their Halloween theme.
  3. There is a lot more detail to their Halloween theme than what can be seen in the photos posted here.
  4. It seems that they were the only club that had a theme - and 1 week from Halloween I think showed good initiative.
  5. They were more appreciative and respectful of the SAU cars than SAU were of theirs. They make very positive comments about PURESX & appreciated PUREZED, HOSTILE, DOMHAR, ENR-034, Inline6 (no plates were on it) and SLED. I couldn't even tell how SAU lined up the cars until I saw it on the AUS 300ZX forum. One guy wants the DOMHAR plates too (his girlfriend is Vietnamese).
  6. One of their female members dressed up as a witch (to a degree given it was 34) and walked around giving the kids lollies. Simple but very kind (no smart arse comments please).

SAU-SA is still in its infancy as a club and IMO we still have a lot of growing up to do. I for one see absolutely no value in making derogative comments about another car club unless they are exhibiting behaviour which will cause problems for all motoring enthusiasts. From what I gather the people at AUS 300ZX were a lot more humble in winning than we were gracious in defeat.

Here are some quotes from their thread: http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294682

"Here are some standout cars from the show (don't worry, plenty of Z pics in a min )" [the next 6 photos are ALL from the SAU display]

"The winner of the Jap Import Category... This 180sx was fantastic..."

"I think the fact that we had a theme, combined with our layout, and the fact that all cars essentially were the same gave us a boost in winning the club display award. However, we did cop a "tsk tsk" for leaving the grounds early, when apparently people were still being charged to come in the gates. That's a big SORRY from us, next time we will stay till stumps!"

"There was another Nissan club there - the SA chapter of Skylines Australia I believe. As can be seen from the background above, they were quite close to our group. This 180SX cleaned up at least 3 trophies including best Jap Import, and his wife owns the kitted 350Z below. PUREZED and PURESX, with a GT-R in the garage as well, ya reckon it's plate is PUREGTR?"

"A nice 350Z.." [PUREZED]

"The 180sx that won 1st place in the Jap Import Category, was very outstanding!"

"2nd place in the Jap Import (I believe?)" [Cara's RUNVS2 - I know she wasn't part of the SAU display]

"and a few random skylines..."

"coming back to this photo.. [HOSTILE with DOHMAR] cant remember who took it, but anyone that knows vietnamese, unfortunately i dont but my girlfriend is vietnamese born in australia, so half asian but speaks it fluently, so i know a little bit that she taught me.

so can you make out the plates in the background? i showed my girlfriend as i know what they mean from the few lessons i had. naturally you learn swearwords first... so we havent stopped laughing all night. how that got though printing is beyond me.. :

it means : f@@k your mother in viet.

i want it."

Agreed with the above ^^^ :D

Thanks for the kind words writeoff. Posts on club forums can always get a bit heated and biased. Its just the way of the things. Aus300zx is guilty of that too, and we have had a few threads in the past that have been questionable and quite silly and indicate that some of our members need to do some growing up as well. We sometimes see our cars through rose colored glasses. Thankfully, most of what I call the core group at aus300zx (the old timers, who have had their zeds for many years) just love motorsport in general and appreciate all makes. Many of us are part of NDSOC (Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club), and compete in motorsport events, sometimes (as demonstrated with our trip to Loxton) happy to travel interstate for a few days of racing or spectating. One of our members who was with us at Loxton is a member here at SAU and has an awesome R32 GTR....

So yeah, there's plenty of room for skylines and zeds to be friends... :wub: Its just good to know that we are all passionate about our cars and club.. :)

I won't discriminate people if they have a fat ass :wub: ... (says the man with the volvo) :D

There's always alot of tongue in cheek stuff said, and silly stuff said, after every car show. No one needs to take it to heart. You guys are aware that leaving early was frowned upon and have apologised for it. :) Your theme wasn't my cup of tea, but hey it won you best club display ... we'll just have to be a bit more creative next time and take you guys on for the honours! ;)