SAU Community

Air Flow Meter R34 Rb20 N/a

Hey people, bit unsure on this one.

I have a few problems with my car and im pretty sure its because of a faulty afm, but im not sure what afm i would need.

Can i use one from a Turbo? or would it have to be from a N/A? Not only that would it have to be for a RB20.

Having a apparantly rare RB20 R34, i havent been able to find much about it? Just wondering if anyone would know.

I suppose it could even be a problem with the ecu, but it just seems so likely that it is the afm rather then the ecu

Basicly just need to know if i need the exact afm or if i can use one from another skyline.

Thanks.

Edited by Darkplague

Hey people, bit unsure on this one.

I have a few problems with my car and im pretty sure its because of a faulty afm, but im not sure what afm i would need.

Can i use one from a Turbo? or would it have to be from a N/A? Not only that would it have to be for a RB20.

Having a apparantly rare RB20 R34, i havent been able to find much about it? Just wondering if anyone would know.

I suppose it could even be a problem with the ecu, but it just seems so likely that it is the afm rather then the ecu

Basicly just need to know if i need the exact afm or if i can use one from another skyline.

Thanks.

what is the car doing exactly?

Driving at a constant speed, i can loose or gain power randomly, as well as a strong petrol smell which can only be smelled with the windows down, as if the car was running to rich. Not only that every now and then the car looses a fair amount of power and sounds like its only running on a few cylinders which is followed by the enigne warning light, but shortly after maybe a minuite or so it will fix its self.