SAU Community

4 Point Roll Cage's - R33 Gtst With Sunroofs!

DinoPanta

Hi everyone, got a very interesting proposition for all of those R33 Skyline Owners out there with sunroofs who are wanting a 4 Point Half Cage for their R33.

I have spoken to David down at Brown Davis Automotive as I am wanting to purchase a bolt in half cage for my R33 which has a sunroof.

He will be using my car as the dummy and informed me that he can offer me a discount if I have 3 or more done all together.

These 4 point cages (half cage) are full CAMS approved and are powdercoated, have the harnesss bar running across the back and the diagonal bar running from top to bottom.

Price for one:

$1,100 fitted (letting them remove and refit all your trims)

$1,000 fitted if you remove the trims before you take it there

Price for 3-6

$800

Price for 6 or more

$700

Now, these are for R33 GTS-T WITH SUNROOFS! He said he can do the same deal for anyone who doesn't have a sunroof, as long he can use one car to do all the measurements.

Group buy will be running from 1/7/2009 untill the 15/7/2009 so please pm me with some contact info if you are interested.

Payment can be made directly to Brown Davis but I will need a deposit so I can give him the go ahead and produce these half cages.

If your uncertain you can give him a buzz and have a chat to him about the whole group buy.

If your from interstate we can still have these made for you and posted out to you at your expense.

They are located at 47 Holloway Dve, Bayswater, Victoria

http://www.browndavis.com.au/

http://www.rollcage.com.au/rollcage.html

Cheers

Dean

Edited by DinoPanta

also interested if it is a bolt on/removable cage. Is it steel or chromoly? brown davis do 2 types....

The FIA has banned CroMo from being used in cages, so if you want it to be legal in the future and what CAMS may implement in light of the FIA banning CroMo, best to stick with cold drawn seamless steel... CDS steel is also safer and cheaper so there's no reason to go CroMo, especially in a road car.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Are you going to be at WTAC this year @bcozican? Just realised it's coming up end of August so not long to go at all. https://www.worldtimeattack.com/
    • I just replaced the timing belt, along with tensioner, idler, water pump, etc. all the front end engine stuff with all new stock Nissan parts on my 98 R34 GTT that I just recently got, so glad I did as the belt ,tensor, idler and water pump were all original to the car and looked absolutely terrible, honestly I cant believe the belt has not broken, luckily I have not driving the vehicle since I got it, and only have ran a few times. I turned engine over by hand and lined up all the timing marks from cams, to the head (plate behind pulleys), and crank to  oil pump block mark, as ran fine, but had a lot of front end noise. the idler sounded like gravel and the tensioner had to no tensor left on it at all as it appeared the spring had rusted in place due to a waterpump leak over the years. so the timing belt was very loose on the left or tensioner side. Never the less I turn engine by hand until everything lined up even with the marks on the original belt. I remove everything making sure not to rotate anything, then put in new tensioner,  idler, made sure all marks from belt matched marks on the pulleys, cams and crank alike and all marks from crank and cams to head and block were perfect. I slowly turned by hand and everything lined up on the cams and crank to the head and block every other time, as proper. all looked fine until I put the lower timing belt cover back on, then the  harmonic balancer, at this point before torqueing the crank bolt down I noticed the timing mark on the lower cover to the harmonic balancer is off. I think the marks on the harmonic balancer and in 5 degrees, from 0-20  and it should be at 0, but some how its around -2.5, not enough for a belt notch, and there is little play in this cover to the block. The key way and key are perfect on the crank and slot in balancer is perfect, no play here, and the cams and other timing marks seem to be on. Is this something to be concerned with or will it be fine. maybe just this way due to a new stock Nissan belt?? slightly tight and will strength a hair??? I marked the CAS before disassembly and know it should be set to 15 degrees BTDC or so at 650 rpms per engine decal. so do I need to worry about what appears to be a slight retard of the mechanical timing? or will this slight difference be compensated when I adjust my CAS?   appreciate any insight.    
    • Nah. I reckon that that is the HICAS CU. Just the large plug, PS specific and other I/O. I can't see that there'd be a need/want for the (non-HICAS) PS CU to be watching any of those inputs other than the speed sensor.