SAU Community

New Rear Seats In Leather Before And After Pics

My rear seats are now re-upholstered in top grade German Wollsdorf leather as used in the First Class of Airbus A380, which I sourced locally.

Robert at Doyle's Leather of Artarmon in Sydney did a great job re-upholstering the seats, even sourcing the special grey thread to closely match the arm rest and door trim stitching.

Here are some before and after shots of factory vinyl and custom leather.

post-62393-1247039161_thumb.jpgpost-62393-1247039208_thumb.jpg

post-62393-1247039250_thumb.jpgpost-62393-1247039290_thumb.jpg

Edited by GT-Ricer

Very nice, much better looking than the dodgy stuff you had up front.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind answering?

Very nice, much better looking than the dodgy stuff you had up front.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind answering?

Thanks, the front seats will be fixed shortly too.

Speak to Robert at Doyle's. I provided the leather which was double the price per sqm they would normally use. I also had to buy a whole hide and almost half is still left over.

I am guessing, but if they did it all using their own leather, it would come in at around $1000 or so.

Did you have the red inserts taken out of the front seats as well.. Why? I like them.. It's obviously a premium as it's got the Bose woofer in the back.. The back seats look very nice.. What sort of money did it cost? I would have gone with a different stitch colour to make it look more seemless, but a great idea either way.. Very Nice..

Did you have the red inserts taken out of the front seats as well.. Why? I like them.. It's obviously a premium as it's got the Bose woofer in the back.. The back seats look very nice.. What sort of money did it cost? I would have gone with a different stitch colour to make it look more seemless, but a great idea either way.. Very Nice..

The "BEFORE" shot is a general GT-R photo from the internet, not my specific car. I was only concerned about the rear seats.

My front seats still have red perforated inserts as all Premium cars do.