SAU Community

Sapol Club Special Task Force

Mr.Massive

Taken from another car forum I'm a member of (cant post link because it wont let non-members in)

i smell bullshit. if its true its evidence of discrimination. sure his rego wasnt flagged for previous driving offences, expired rego, expired/non existant insurance?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i smell bullshit. if its true its evidence of discrimination. sure his rego wasnt flagged for previous driving offences, expired rego, expired/non existant insurance?

Wondered this myself, dont know any history there. However these people are very close knit and the forum is private so I don't know what they would have to gain by making it up. Especially because I know the names dropped in the thread are real people - as opposed to made up shit.

ns.com thread kids.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=396503

Thanks to the Olds.

Will be interesting to see what the Sunday Mail write up tomorrow.

I reckon it'll be in the papers sometime next week - they dont put it together and print it out in such short notices do they? Or unless they had a pre-written hoon article about operation diagonal cracking down on hoons meeting up in the hills for a deadly race to the death and just wanted to grab fresh pictures before printing it out.... :bunny:

Just got off the phone to Neil Hastie from SAPOL. A meeting is being organised between himself and Inspector Philip Newitt (the guy running Operation Diagonal), myself, and Shane to discuss improving the image of legitmate car clubs such as SAU:SA.

Neil has assured me that recent events have not dampened their aim to work with clubs to improve the image of imports. They are aware that labelling all imports the same (as the media is doing) is counter-productive and casues more problems than it solves. They are aware ACC and RCK are the problem areas, and even the S15 incident on the weekend was non-car club related.

I will provide a summary of the outcome of the meeting in due course.

Until then, please refrain from doing anything stupid :P

:(

Edited by RubyRS4

Just reading the NS thread by the Olds, and i think it would be very valid and crucial to have members from the other associated forums attending this meeting. Remember we are not just defending SAU:SA, but we are not defending the hoons and hangers on that associate themselves with these clubs and forums and bring them into disrepute.

I can not highlight enough the point of no one talking to the media, they will twist and turn your words into anything that will make a story and sell papers.

Remember that when you are driving an import, you are representing a wider community. Therefore any wrong you do will throw judgement on us all.

yeah, i also think itd be a good idea to bring one of the senior members of ns on board for ruby's meetings with sapol. ie, kat, kristian, or the olds.

I have been in contact with certain senior members of HT/NS.

Wow ... first Rann unites the bikies to fight against him ... now the import car clubs are uniting to fight against him :D

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...44-2682,00.html

:D this came just at the right time... i think its only fair if they crush the police car he was driving... there should be no double measures here. if they can crush cars owned by parents, they should also crush a cop car...

otherwise that will be double standards ahh but hang on he was drink driving of a blood alcohol level or 0.217......he is fine as he wasnt hoon driving....so they wont crush the car and just coz he was a cop he might get off lightly too...

If they start crushing cars for so called "hooning" like spinning the wheels off the lights etc or doing 100 in a 60 (so F*^&in what) how about they start cutting off the hands of thieves, or the offending members off rapists, or putting murderers to death (on the spot - no trial)

This whole situation is just ridiculous. It is a total bloody joke. They are putting more effort into speeding/hooning then getting real criminals off the street & into jail where they belong.

How about getting off their ass & giving us a decent track to go for it instead of all this bullshit.........

I am not condoning silly youngsters in so called high powered cars thinking they are fast & smashing their cars up like on Magill road (looked like completely stock motors on the road in the photos!) a while back, but give me a break.

The crushing idea is just plain stupid. If the car belongs to someone else or is under finance then who loses out?

If a car gets crushed it doesnt stop that person driving another car does it? Does the roll toll get that affected by people doing burnouts? No. High speed maybe. Drink driving definately. Biggest problem in country areas is people falling asleep due to the stupid speed limits. If they raised it to 160 on the freeways no one would fall asleep!!!

What is some joker has just stolen a car.. is he going to care about hoon laws if he gets pulled over - dont think so.

They should increase the penalties for the criminal behaviour & let common sense prevail on the streets.

I go out to Mallala to get my jollies - maybe the cops should put money towards that & get off our back.

I had a chat with the inspector Newitt (or Nisbit ?) heading taskforce diagonal tonight, and he believes that the crushing legislation is going to be passed soon. He also said that crushing will only be used for repeat offenders of serious HOON behaviour rather than just a one off events. (Not sure that that is enough reassurance for me though)

The impression I got was that they are actively targeting individuals that engage in stupid behaviour rather than clubs and associations. That being said he indicated there will be little tolerance given by any police officer for people caught endangering themselves or others on the roads.

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

I had a chat with the inspector Newitt (or Nisbit ?) heading taskforce diagonal tonight, and he believes that the crushing legislation is going to be passed soon. He also said that crushing will only be used for repeat offenders of serious HOON behaviour rather than just a one off events. (Not sure that that is enough reassurance for me though)

The impression I got was that they are actively targeting individuals that engage in stupid behaviour rather than clubs and associations. That being said he indicated there will be little tolerance given by any police officer for people caught endangering themselves or others on the roads.

I thought I read "Inspector Nismo"

:):)

I've been told that by people from SAPOL also. They're doing their best contacting committee members/leaders of car clubs and expressing this statement. SAPOL are aware that the trouble makers in jap cars are individuals and not members of legitimate import car clubs.

I had a call from Neil Hastie yesterday. Inspector Newitt will be caling me sometime this week to arrange a meeting between SAPOL and Shane and myself. We will be raising this discussion with them.

:cool:

think i seen task force diagonal at work last night on pt wakefield rd. cop on bike pulling over commo (hopefully its 1 of the 1s in the paper but i have my doubts) fortunately my pea green civic dose not attract any unwanted attention :P

think i seen task force diagonal at work last night on pt wakefield rd. cop on bike pulling over commo (hopefully its 1 of the 1s in the paper but i have my doubts) fortunately my pea green civic dose not attract any unwanted attention :P

I drove past two car units on the port expressway last night. Both times they just watched me roll past. Didn't see any cameras or equipment attached. I get the feeling the have someone specific in mind.