SAU Community

How can I sell my car??

Hi guys,

well currently Im trying to sell my R33 to get an R32 GTR.

So far I have advertised it in local paper, Unique Cars mag (just came out last week) on here, SDU and performance forums.

Ive only had like 2 serious people who never followed up. Is there anything else I can do to try and sell it, or maybe is the price too high ($28,000 ono)??????

Or isnt there much of a want for R33 GTS-T's?

thanks in advance.

I'd imagine its the price too.

A lot of stock R33's are going for under $20K now.... There is just so many of them for sale, more than what they are in demand! I'd imagine the best price you could hope for would be low to mid 20's. I know it sucks, especially if you bought it 2 years ago when they were really expensive (in comparison), but there is not much you can do about it...

Ethan: being a series 1, $28 K is going to be VERY difficult.

Example: Merlis Silver 95 model was being sold for $25K, Work Meister wheels, Full whiteline suspension, 400R/GTR bodykit etc and some extras in showroom condition. I dare say $25K is prolly as high as you will get.

Nick

Good luck, dont worry a buyer will come along but as ex-static said it takes time

Originally posted by BY BY

Ethan: being a series 1, $28 K is going to be VERY difficult.

Example: Merlis Silver 95 model was being sold for $25K, Work Meister wheels, FUll whiteline suspension, 400R/GTR bosykit etc and some extras in showroom condition. I dare say $25K is prolly as high as you will get.

yeah I know what you mean, but if you take a look at my Ad I put in the forsale section, I have alot more mods than Merli too. Plus I have the full suspension, full bodykit, lots of mods, showroom condition too........

But if i do get $25k, then yes ill be happy with that :cool:

well personally I think selling cars is a bit like selling a house... u let as many ppl know as possible and hopefully u find the right person.. for example... dad sold his house for $800,000... no one wanted it cos it is a horse property and out of most ppls price range. 12 months after it sold - the owners ran into trouble and sold it.. for 1.4 million.. all it was is luck that the right person came along..

now back to the point.. advertise your car everywhere.. print out flyers and post on local boards in shopping centres, uni's etc...

post it on as many forums as possible... fast fours forum is one that you could try (forums.fastfours.com.au).

Basically, the more ppl that u reach, the more likely you will find yourself a buyer.. also, FOR SALE sticker on window can help etc.

Also, depending where you work, you might have access to large email lists / fax lists.. always a good idea as u never know who might read it..

hmm.. hopefully all above isnt too much bull**** and makes sense :cool:

also, i dont think ONO or negotiable is a good idea..

when i look at cars.. if it says $28,000 ONO.. i would only offer 23k or so.. if it just said 28,000 i would offer 26k ish... in reality no price is set and there is always room for bargaining.. so why let them know that u dont really want 28k..

I believe when advertising in local papers etc you shouldnt go into too much detail about mods, because u are limiting your market...

Some people get scared off when you have too much listed as there is a greater chance that it has been thrashed....

Be very limited on info and let the people come and see the car and appreciate it "in person":)

Although I don't want to sell my car yet eventually every one will I guess, but the fact that you can import one in cheap really sucks when your trying to sell one already here, perhaps there should be a limited number allowed in the country, this could be one way of making the resale value hold, otherwise there gonna depreciate faster than a commodore.

ethan i spoke to u on irc the other nite, i was wondering wud it be easier to sell if u took some of ur mods out and sold it seperatly and lowerd ur price?

I was thinking if i cant get the price i want (i want the same as u do for mine) i mite take off some mods becoz i know some people mite be interested in them if i sell the car.

ethan I told onarun this and most of you should understand as far as mods go they have little bearing on sale price look a pawel his car had bucket loads of money and he brought his pice down. what you paid for you car is irrellevant how much you spent on mods is irellevant. its a series one and yes its nice but your price is unrealiasitc. also your location doesn't help. If your keen you should say you will go to melbourne or adeaide if there is enough interest.

you are learning all about cars now ethan.

If I was to sell my car the realistic achieveable price for is is 13-14 k and I have spent heaps more I realise this. and I'm prepared to wear it. I have no intention of selling .

selling off your mods is a good thing or do your car up and live with it .

merli decided to keep his car cause he realised he could have a car just as fast a gtr for alot less.

meggala

petesmith: thanks for all the info mate. I will check out the fast fours forum.

The reason why i put ONO, was so someone might offer me $24k or $25k and I was hoping for quite a few offers to get the price as close to $28k as possilbe.

I am thinking of selling my mods too, but I just want to see how it goes for a while first. Ive only had it in Unique Cars for a few days anyway. But if worst comes to worst, ill sell the mods and lower the price.

Unfortunately not much, I bought a new Hybrid FMIC for $705 (usually $880) it's not a big name brand like HKS but, it does the same job.

I got a new SAFC for $540 (usually $770, as you can tell I buy when things are on sale) and I've got a Turbosmart BC I'm trying to sell which was $97 new.

So all up buying new that's $1342, now what's that worth second hand, uuummm not much!

Originally posted by Ethan_R33

petesmith: thanks for all the info mate. I will check out the fast fours forum.

The reason why i put ONO, was so someone might offer me $24k or $25k and I was hoping for quite a few offers to get the price as close to $28k as possilbe.

If your having problems selling your car you cant be too picky. Unless you are getting several offers for you car or you’re not in a hurry to sell you should try and sell to the first serious buyer. This prob means dropping the price, but I think its better than wasting time/money on advertisements each week.

Also it may be better to sell your mods separately. Quite often people look at mods on a car and treat as bonus that they prob are not willing to pay more for. Personally I wouldent pay much more unless a car had a fat turbo hanging of it. ;)