SAU Community

I Want To Import An Evo Lancer Wagon

WHITE R32

you'd also have a much bigger migraine from all the running around and a smaller bank balance.

the lancer wagon fails the silhouette test.

why not grab a Caldina wagon? It's almost the same form factor.

Spot on, I currently am driving a manual Caldina actually. It's a 2002 model so last of the ST215.

It's a really great car actually.

I was just trying to bring the Evo back into light to see if there was a chance of import.

Personallly I'm not a fan of the Legnum, I would chose an M35 over it if I needed a bigger car.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rowan,

ST246 is far from slow if driven correctly. I had the privledge of two of these . one was a bit slow - the second (N spec) was far from slow.

also with the EC5W - that is a V6 (6A13 I think) the amount of dicking around to make the thing fit and get the AYC behaving properly would be a nightmare.

I also get the idea that he wants an evo wagon. to me it would be easier to buy an evo 9 chop and build one. only issue I can see is the rear floor being different. (give me a current verion of CATS and I'll tell you.)

my 2c.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys

I'm in Japan at the moment, and thinking of heading back home next year with one of these as a personal import. What kind of interest would there be in Oz, and would I be able to sell it quickly? What kind of money would people be looking at parting with for one of these? Let's say a '05, with less than 50,000km on the clock. Automatic unfortunately (the manuals are rare as hen's teeth).

I'm just deciding which car to get out of this or an 2008 Exiga GT to sell back in Oz. I think the Evo wagon would be a better choice - surely it'd be the only Evo wagon in the country.

Hi guys

I'm in Japan at the moment, and thinking of heading back home next year with one of these as a personal import. What kind of interest would there be in Oz, and would I be able to sell it quickly? What kind of money would people be looking at parting with for one of these? Let's say a '05, with less than 50,000km on the clock. Automatic unfortunately (the manuals are rare as hen's teeth).

I'm just deciding which car to get out of this or an 2008 Exiga GT to sell back in Oz. I think the Evo wagon would be a better choice - surely it'd be the only Evo wagon in the country.

I see manuals at auction all the time. There wouldn't be any difficulty finding one, the only difference would be the price.

As for how much you could sell it for, it seems increasingly difficult to make a profit from imports these days. Yes it would be unique, but finding someone that appreciates it might be difficult.

As for me, I would love one. But I don't like paying peoples profit margins. >_<

Edited by Blitz_boy

I see manuals at auction all the time. There wouldn't be any difficulty finding one, the only difference would be the price.

As for how much you could sell it for, it seems increasingly difficult to make a profit from imports these days. Yes it would be unique, but finding someone that appreciates it might be difficult.

As for me, I would love one. But I don't like paying peoples profit margins. >_<

Cheers, will have to check into the auctions more then, a manual would be ideal.

As for price...well I have done a personal import before and while it is rewarding, it is no stroll in the park and there are loads of risks, so I'm not gonna do it for or cheap. I'm not running a charity here, although I would like to give someone the opportunity of owning a car they otherwise wouldn't be able to get their hands on.

• 1 month later...

so can these be brought over and put on our roads legally? like seriously i think these are hot as F*** because of the shape plus there isnt anything over here to compete with them thats not imported. (stagea, toyota wats it called) only thing i can think of over here is a wrx is id take the evo anyday lol. if anyone needs more proof of their brilliance search youtube for evo 9 wagon vs rs5 audi lol

• 1 year later...

Resurrection Time...

JapLink Motors - now JLM - has successfully been able to comply the Mitsubishi Airtrek.

Some other importers in Sydney have had trouble with getting "emissions" testing passed.

JLM does not keep stock. They will accept orders as I'm sure Iron Chef will too.

Legnum is bigger than an Evo.

If you want a fast wagon, save your pennies and get an Audi RS6 Avant wink.gif

Better still: In 3 years time, an AIRTREK off you-know-who

FYP for Bill's sake ^^^ - lol

FYP for Bill's sake ^^^ - lol

Haha Terry, I knew that my clarity at 3 am wasnt going to do me any good.

I understood that it was the Airtek, my enthusiasm must have made it out as if I thought it was the evo.

Although I'm not directly interested in the Airtrek, I just think its awesome when we get something in our favour as opposed to not having it at all.

We have enough beautiful cars that are restricted for Australian road use/importing. One less unrestricted, one better for the Japanese car community and enthusiast in general here in Australia..

Edited by GTR_77