Noddy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too :angry:

Just paid the entry via track attack, ordered some new rubber/oils/filters/plugs, car should be out of the paint booth by wed arv, then make some stuff for it and assemble..... all going well we'll see you there this sunday the 2nd :)

NEW RUBBER?????? Its only a basic sprint day.... That said I'm gunning for that sub 60 mark my self.

I've got new braided lines on the way, an extra hot dog (101 db apparently) and ....... no thats it, budget blown.

well I washed the brake dust off the wheels and degreased the oil overflow from my rather undersized catch can and I'm ready to race again! lol

tightened the front sway bar a little and will be playing with rear shocks on the day in the hope that they are bump & rebound adjustable. If its just bump its not going to help me. Hopefully I can knock a few tenths off my time.

Ben - diff ratio is 4.375 by the old 10 turns of the road wheels method.

Ah cool gents :starwars: (is that std Harry?)

yeah, new rubber required. 3 of my tyres have monumental flatspots right through, one of them took over 250 grams of weight just to attempt to get it to stop rattling the car to bits lol. The rubber has done targa, so the old girl deserves it. Will need to remind myself to bed the rubber in :)

Little bonus then isn't it :starwars:

I'm pumped, a mate has just finished prepping his series 8 RX7 spec R or something, can hopefully give him a touch up, he's been talking alot of smack. lol If I can't, maybe you will for me Harry? lol

Edited by Marlin

have a look on the chasie plate.... it will tell you the original diff gearing was. can't remember the code but I will know it when I see it..... If I'm allowed a look! there might be some sort of secrets in there. :thumbsup:

omg u guys are way too far ahead of me :)

my car is still stuck int he drive way awaiting a new turbz

:S its already here.. just waiting on a fuel pump :S

any S-chassis here *silvias* running 4stud on track? :$ or will it just be me?

edit- mind pointing me in the right direction to get started with competing :P

like forms and stuff :$

Edited by Redsuns88

omg u guys are way too far ahead of me :)

my car is still stuck int he drive way awaiting a new turbz

:S its already here.. just waiting on a fuel pump :S

any S-chassis here *silvias* running 4stud on track? :$ or will it just be me?

edit- mind pointing me in the right direction to get started with competing :P

like forms and stuff :$

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/Administrati...tryForm2009.pdf

I believe Harry runs a sileighty to good effect judging by his lap times. Not sure if its a 4 stud however

I'll be the other retarded guy. :down:

I'm in a black 32 gts with a silver jeep with stupid big wheels on it towing. Should be in a group of us, black Series 8 RX7, black 32 GTR, white ST185 Celica, and mine.

See you lads there :)

I do hope you have your entry in, otherwise get on the phone now to Track Attack

3266 2228

A good day was had by most ppl in cars... i think. There were sidecar motorbikes there today and at least 2 of the swingers/passengers went to hospital. 1 with some broken legs or something and the other fighting off a sever case of neardeath.

Back to cars and congrats to marlin for posting some solid 58 sec laps. If your not sure that is motoring.I managed to get some footage on my still camera after damaging a tire. I will post some pics and vids up soon, after catching up on some sleep.

Yeah I hope those side-car guys are ok this morning.... they're nuts.

Noddy, real nice to meet you mate, thanks for the props :)

I'm still astounded with the improvement just new rubber brought, 58.63 was the official best, bloody quick if I do say so myself. One can only wonder what plan Harry is hatching now to regain the title? lol, I see some even looser in-car footage from him coming soon! :)

with those bumps under the bridge its no wonder the passengers were getting bucked off those sidecar contraptions! both of those stacks were just scary!

Congrats to Ben on the 58.6. That is Seriously fast, and a staggering improvement to find 3 seconds first time out on new tyres. Great drive mate!

To put it in perspective for people who aren't familiar with Lakeside, Cameron Dyal's off-its-nuts Evo ran 58.78 there last August with 380kw at the wheels. I'm betting Ben has half that!

cameron.dyal.jpg

That's the beauty of Lakeside - despite being the fastest track in the country it's a real drivers track and really rewards handling over horsepower. The little M3s used to beat the GTRs and Sierras there back in the Group A days. Ben must be carrying some serious speed through those fast corners!

There's going to be a few late nights in my shed over the next few weeks...