Lakeside Sprints

Noddy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds Like you are getting plenty of track time Ben. In a selfish way I hope it takes a while to get ur box fixed, hahahaha. On the wing thing I find they do make a signifigant diff getting the power down earlier and harder. even drifting like on sunday at Carnell in stanthorpe.

post-15176-1250687325_thumb.jpg

Well I have a couple of spare boxes (big dollar race cars these 32's :)), so I plan to slip one in saturday and get to next thursday's practice. :P

Benny, I haven't tried the 32 wing without the Nismo lip, but I have it on good authority that they're worth having on there. I do however think it creates a huge amout of drag.

• 4 weeks later...
Practice this friday 18/9/09... anyone goin?

As i write this your probably up there practising

Hope you gave scott a run for his money in the 35!

Terrific times by the way. What time are you running

on sprint @qr?

Thanks Ben, I haven't run QR in this car yet.

Scotty ran the 35, but only for a couple of panzy laps. He does panzy real well :blush: The things are immense though, 30klm/h up on me by the kink, lots of go :D

Testerday was awesome, did nearly 200 kilometres on track, hammered the tyres, drove 5 different cars, was a great day.

And seeing the Group A's out there as well, and handing it to a group A Sierra was pretty wild, and fully dicing lap after lap with a Group A Vk was well cool too :)

The Gibson GTR was up too, with the 31 >_<

Edited by Marlin

Thanks Ben, I haven't run QR in this car yet.

Scotty ran the 35, but only for a couple of panzy laps. He does panzy real well :D The things are immense though, 30klm/h up on me by the kink, lots of go :)

Testerday was awesome, did nearly 200 kilometres on track, hammered the tyres, drove 5 different cars, was a great day.

And seeing the Group A's out there as well, and handing it to a group A Sierra was pretty wild, and fully dicing lap after lap with a Group A Vk was well cool too :)

The Gibson GTR was up too, with the 31 >_<

Sounds like a great day.

Looking forward to getting up there on the 10th.

Assuming we have some tyres left after the 6th :blush:

And seeing the Group A's out there as well, and handing it to a group A Sierra was pretty wild, and fully dicing lap after lap with a Group A Vk was well cool too ;)

The Gibson GTR was up too, with the 31 :bunny:

Good to meet you up there Ben.....I have found a new favorite track me thinks.....LAKESIDE is awesome!!!! :)

I got to have a turn in the arvo in the R31....... unfortunately also I broke the cam so the car is only on display this weekend :D .....but I will be back next year.

Edited by Jetwreck

Excellent to meet you too! Great track huh, just about to head back out for another dose of Queensland sun, see you there! No good re camshaft, I was looking forward to having a dice with you!

Edited by Marlin

I was at Lakeside on saturday watching muscle cars and historics (Group A and Nc etc) and what a frieken awesome track! And not far from Brisbane.

I'm up in QLD for work over the weekend and all I can say is I wish there was something like this near melbourne!

I saw a GTSX out there as well as the ex-Skaife R31 and all the the Sierras.

it sure was a spectacular weekend of historic motorsport. Lakeside is such a great family orientated track, excellent viewing, excellent racing!

The croup Nc stuff was fanatstic, I crew for Russell Wright who won all the races except the last, 650hp of XY GT around there is sweet :ninja: The racing between Rusty and the LJ Torana was a highlight for many I reckon :) Not to mention the massive spin during the attempted overtake into Hungry corner! lol

And Russell, if you were there Friday mate you would have seen the 32GTR doing some laps of the track too :D

it sure was a spectacular weekend of historic motorsport. Lakeside is such a great family orientated track, excellent viewing, excellent racing!

The croup Nc stuff was fanatstic, I crew for Russell Wright who won all the races except the last, 650hp of XY GT around there is sweet :D The racing between Rusty and the LJ Torana was a highlight for many I reckon :D Not to mention the massive spin during the attempted overtake into Hungry corner! lol

And Russell, if you were there Friday mate you would have seen the 32GTR doing some laps of the track too :)

I wish I had known. I would have been there for sure! It is such a laid back environment with the open pit lane and heaps of viewing areas.

Which corner is Hungry corner? I did see a torana spin on the first corner (left after the main straight). He spilt oil all the way up the main straight and he spun on his own oil going what looked like around 140-160kph! Somehow he didn't hit anything!

Hungry is the left-hander at the bottom of the dip after the old walk-over bridge.

Sorry I didn't know you were up or I would have made a point of meeting you.

I think you're describing the kink re the Torana. He would have been doing at least that speed... I drove my mate's XT Falcon GT there on friday and cracked 200klm/h through the kink, which is mega quick on drum brakes etc... lol

Yeah well I only found out it was on sat morning. Last minute thing as we finished work at lunch time. I'm staying up at Bribie Island at the moment so it was just around the corner.

200k's in a 1960's car would be scary!

Hungry corner was the best place to watch for sure. i was on the pit side of it for ages watching the downhill drifting by the Nc's!

Yeah top spot to watch it :D His XT is an Nc spec, but he's a lil timid and just runs regularity. Great car, something speccy about a Windsor @ 8500 that I love :D

Maybe you recognise it, here I am driving it under the bridge on friday;

10416_1252091499793_1154677112_8143.jpg

10416_1252091539794_1154677112_8143.jpg

10416_1252091579795_1154677112_8144.jpg

And some other pics on friday's practice a friend took :)

10416_1252091619796_1154677112_8144.jpg

10416_1252114540369_1154677112_8145.jpg

10416_1252091659797_1154677112_8144.jpg

10416_1252091699798_1154677112_8144.jpg

10416_1252091739799_1154677112_8144.jpg

The Torana you are talking about was driven by Bruce Dummet. I was there spectating but after the oil line came off his was helping him get it back together. Enzed had replaced the hose but not the fittings on that line and it popped off the fitting. He is known for his spectacular driving and he proved it again........................he was so calm after that lose, i know i wouldnt been. Anyway the officials there are always givng him shit about anything they can so he gave it back to them. By the way the JPS BMW M3 got pinged for noise. He came in at 110dB and the track has a limit of 95dB. I think he said nearly all the group A & C cars got pinged. He also told me that the GTR had an off and scrapped the wall on Friday so that was the reason it wasnt there for the weekend.