SAU Community

ex gate onto a rb25det manifold

Originally posted by INASNT

dude that manifold must flow shit coz each runner is a different size?

What do you menat, the runner length? Its a stock manifold with the turbo mived out 50mm, so it flows the same as a stock manifold, the runner length does not affect the gate a lot. The problem with it is the position of the gate does not have good flow to it and the boost creeps slightly on the drag strip.

Originally posted by Clint32

234rwkw on 16psi, its only a small t04 with a 0.64 a/r compressor and exhaust housing

on 16psi ?

that's a tad low?

I've now worked out i've got a t04 front housing, t3 rear.

The comp cover is .60 and i'm making an easy 203rwkw @13psi.

On 15psi, i had a jump of around 25-30kw from memory, but then the injectors were at limit, so we wound it back a tad...

Originally posted by R31Nismoid

on 16psi ?

that's a tad low?

I've now worked out i've got a t04 front housing, t3 rear.

The comp cover is .60 and i'm making an easy 203rwkw @13psi.

On 15psi, i had a jump of around 25-30kw from memory, but then the injectors were at limit, so we wound it back a tad...

Considering his engine is 500cc smaller than yours, I'd say he's doing better than you are :(

I'm doing worse than the both of you, around 215rwkw @15psi, and with surging issues as well. I hope to sort it out with the PowerFC. It already seems better and it's not even tuned yet.

Originally posted by JimX

Considering his engine is 500cc smaller than yours, I'd say he's doing better than you are ;)  

I'm doing worse than the both of you, around 215rwkw @15psi, and with surging issues as well. I hope to sort it out with the PowerFC. It already seems better and it's not even tuned yet.

i forgot... RB20 :(

But at the end of the day, different dyno's do read different things so it's a hard thing to go by.

Unless everyone is on the same one, same day. Say the dyno i got on reads 20kw higher?

Or 20kw lower? No-one knows.

This will be and impossible issue to resolve (as always)

Originally posted by Clint32

What do you menat, the runner length?  Its a stock manifold with the turbo mived out 50mm, so it flows the same as a stock manifold, the runner length does not affect the gate a lot.  The problem with it is the position of the gate does not have good flow to it and the boost creeps slightly on the drag strip.

Are you planning on getting an equal lenght aftermarket manifold? coz the stock manifold sucks balls in terms of flow on a big turbo

Originally posted by INASNT

Are you planning on getting an equal lenght aftermarket manifold? coz the stock manifold sucks balls in terms of flow on a big turbo

If the stock manifold is good enough for a 10 second car, I think its good enough for his application.

Read this if you haven't already. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=28195

Originally posted by 2fardown

Its not an RB25.

either way its the only one in the world with stock internals and stock manifold, which doesent prove anything

Only one in the world you say? Sorry but I think you are wrong. I don't want to get into this argument here but there are a number of VL Turbo's producing big power figures on stock internals. The link I posted earlier proves that you don't need expensive manifolds or internals to produce big power.

Originally posted by 2fardown

Only one in the world you say?  Sorry but I think you are wrong.  I don't want to get into this argument here but there are a number of VL Turbo's producing big power figures on stock internals.  The link I posted earlier proves that you don't need expensive manifolds or internals to produce big power.

stock manifold may produce big power, thats aint the point, have u seen the design of the stock manifold?? mine is off at the moment getting a custom one put on and the stock cast item is not a nice looking piece of equipement and was made on a budget basis much like most stock parts on cars and is very inefficient

well for a std or basic upgrades it does the job well, and there have been plent who have made 300rwkw with the thing. I decent tubular manifold would deliver benefits but its all $$.

Ive got a rb25 that needs some pistons and once thats built properly i will probably get a compete nes setup and sell mine as it is, for a budget set up it works well, and when i did it thats what i was after a cheap 12 sec car, now i wont a reliable 11 sec car so it all changes.

But if u spent all that $$ wouldnt u want the turbo to be see front and centre when u pop the bonnet?? Thats another added bonus of a custom manifold.