SAU Community

R32 Obd Protocol

Im trying to find out what protocol an R32 gts-t OBD would use? does anyone know, or know where i can find out?

Also can anyone tell me what information is available from the OBD, or any good sites where i can find this information in detail?

I need this info for an engineering project i am currently building.

Thanks

Signal protocols

There are five signalling protocols currently in use with the OBD-II interface. Any given vehicle will likely only implement one of the protocols. Often it is possible to make an educated guess about the protocol in use based on which pins are present on the J1962 connector:

* SAE J1850 PWM (pulse-width modulation - 41.6 kbaud, standard of the Ford Motor Company)

o pin 2: Bus+

o pin 10: Bus–

o High voltage is +5 V

o Message length is restricted to 12 bytes, including CRC

o Employs a multi-master arbitration scheme called 'Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Non-Destructive Arbitration' (CSMA/NDA)

* SAE J1850 VPW (variable pulse width - 10.4/41.6 kbaud, standard of General Motors)

o Bus idles low

o High voltage is +7 V

o Decision point is +3.5 V

o Employs CSMA/NDA

* ISO 9141-2. This protocol has a data rate of 10.4 kbaud, and is similar to RS-232. ISO 9141-2 is primarily used in Chrysler, European, and Asian vehicles.

o pin 7: K-line

o pin 15: L-line (optional)

o UART signaling (though not RS-232 voltage levels)

o K-line idles high

o High voltage is Vbatt

* ISO 14230 KWP2000 (Keyword Protocol 2000)

o Physical layer identical to ISO 9141-2

o Data rate 1.2 to 10.4 kbaud

o Message may contain up to 255 bytes in the data field

* ISO 15764 CAN (250 kbit/s or 500 kbit/s). The CAN protocol is a popular standard outside of the US automotive industry and is making significant in-roads into the OBD-II market share. By 2008, all vehicles sold in the US will be required to implement CAN, thus eliminating the ambiguity of the existing five signalling protocols.

o pin 6: CAN High

o pin 14: CAN Low

Signal protocols

There are five signalling protocols currently in use with the OBD-II interface. Any given vehicle will likely only implement one of the protocols. Often it is possible to make an educated guess about the protocol in use based on which pins are present on the J1962 connector:

* SAE J1850 PWM (pulse-width modulation - 41.6 kbaud, standard of the Ford Motor Company)

o pin 10: Bus–

o High voltage is +5 V

o Employs a multi-master arbitration scheme called 'Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Non-Destructive Arbitration' (CSMA/NDA)

* SAE J1850 VPW (variable pulse width - 10.4/41.6 kbaud, standard of General Motors)

o Bus idles low

o High voltage is +7 V

o Decision point is +3.5 V

o Employs CSMA/NDA

* ISO 9141-2. This protocol has a data rate of 10.4 kbaud, and is similar to RS-232. ISO 9141-2 is primarily used in Chrysler, European, and Asian vehicles.

o UART signaling (though not RS-232 voltage levels)

o K-line idles high

o High voltage is Vbatt

* ISO 14230 KWP2000 (Keyword Protocol 2000)

o Physical layer identical to ISO 9141-2

o Data rate 1.2 to 10.4 kbaud

o Message may contain up to 255 bytes in the data field

* ISO 15764 CAN (250 kbit/s or 500 kbit/s). The CAN protocol is a popular standard outside of the US automotive industry and is making significant in-roads into the OBD-II market share. By 2008, all vehicles sold in the US will be required to implement CAN, thus eliminating the ambiguity of the existing five signalling protocols.

o pin 6: CAN High

o pin 14: CAN Low

thanks for the infor, R32's are OBDI Correct?

thanks for the infor, R32's are OBDI Correct?

Yes they are there own little OBDI protocol. Speak to the Nistune guys they gave me full details on the protocol but I can't find it now :)