SAU Community

Gb: Bright White Smd Internal Light Bulbs

siu_loong_bao

Hi All,

As some of you have seen on the V35 VIC meet day, I was very happy getting my internal bulbs replaced with SMDs. SMDs are much brighter than LEDs and are the next generation technology in diodes for white light (equivalent to 6000K temperature). Please note that I am purely wanting to help you out on pimping your ride so I am setting up this Grup Buy for SMD White Lights (hopefully resulting in a large batch order). Obviously SMDs cost more than LEDs but it is well worth the money to get brighter lights. I previously did a few cars with LEDs and they were crappy...Do you own research.

After fitting out my wife's Mazda 3, my V35, my MX5 and the rest of the family cars, I have found a very good supplier in China and will enquire about a large group buy order (depending on the amount of interest).

I know for a fact, that if you have a V35 sedan, you'll need:

6 x 31mm festoons

2 x T10s

2 x T5s (depends on if you have the footwell lights installed by the dealer).

Here are the pics of my bulb replacements...very bright (all 6000k white light)!

1. Map lights:

aV35maplights.jpg

2. Front passenger door underlight:

aV35passengerfrontdoorlight.jpg

3. Front driver door underlight:

aV35driverfrontdoorlight.jpg

4. Rear passenger lights (left passenger one shown only):

aV35passengerleftlight.jpg

5. Front passenger footwell light:

aV35passengerfrontfootwelllight.jpg

6. Front driver footwell light:

aV35driverfootwelllight.jpg

7. Rear licence plate light:

aV35licenceplatelight.jpg

8. Boot light:

aV35bootlight.jpg

Please note that all the lights are the one colour - approx 6000K white light....

This order will be restricted to white SMDs of the following types only only:

31mm Festoon - containing 6 SMDs each bulb (see pics 1, 2, 3 and 4). These are $19.40 per pair.

T10 - containing 4 SMDs each bulb (see pics 7 and 8). These are about $4.00 each delivered to me currently.

T5 - containing 1 SMD each bulb (see pics 5 and 6). These are about $2.70 each delivered to me currently.

To get the above prices, a minimum GB order of 50 x 31mm Festoons and 50 x T10s is required. I know the above prices are cheaper than eBay (and cheaper than Jaycar). To save money, they will be posted to me, and I will pack them in jiffy bags and send them off to you. The postage will vary depending on your location, but "shouldn't" cost more that $5 to most major cities within Australia (inclusive of the Jiffy bag).

If you require LEDs, you will need to buy elsewhere as I refuse to arrange an order for inferior products.

Please count and check you requirements as it's different for V35 Coupes and later model V35 sedans (maybe)...Obviously, this GB is open to everyone.

NOTES:

1. I am not the seller.

2. These bulbs are direct from a Shanghai, CHINA factory who make heaps of LEDS, HIDs, SMDs, etc....

3. Cut-off date is 31st Sep 2009.

4. Once they arrive, you can come to west side of Melb to pickup, or they will be posted in a jiffy bag, and postage will vary according to you location.

These are pics of the SMD bulbs...

1. 31mm Festoon with 6 SMDs:

SMDFestoon.jpg

2. T10 with 4 SMDs:

SMDT10.jpg

3. T5 with 1 SMD:

SMDT5.jpg

****To make it easier, all interested members, please fill this out, post in this thread and then email me your order:*****

Forum ID:

1 pair of 31mm Festoon with 6 SMDs (Quantity) @ $19.40 per pair:

1 unit T10 with 4 SMDs (Quantity) @ $4 each:

1 unit T5 (Quantity) @ $2.70 each:

Total price of your order ($):

Location (Suburb & State) for postage estimate:

if you have an enquiry: siu_loong_bao @ hotmail.com

Nel.

Forum ID: moomoolulu

1 pair of 31mm Festoon with 6 SMDs (Quantity) @ $19.40 per pair: 3 pairs

1 unit T10 with 4 SMDs (Quantity) @ $4 each: 1 unit

1 unit T5 (Quantity) @ $2.70 each: 0

Total price of your order ($): $62.20

Location (Suburb & State) for postage estimate: Hurstville, NSW

Hey mate,

Forum ID: danny_tq

2 pair of 31mm Festoon with 6 SMDs (Quantity) @ $19.40 per pair:

1 unit T10 with 4 SMDs (Quantity) @ $4 each:

2 unit T5 (Quantity) @ $2.70 each:

Total price of your order ($): $48.20

Location (Suburb & State) for postage estimate:[/b] Parramatta, NSW 2150

Cheers,

Danny

Edited by danny_tq

Are these directional like LED's are? And do they create heat?

As I'm thinking of putting the T10s behind my gauge cluster in my R33.

Mate,

1. You will need to do your own research. All I know is that SMD refers to 'surface mounted diode' (or thereabouts), which is a LED or light emitting diode, but the next generation, hence gives out a higher light intensity.

2. Diodes emit way less heat than the incandescant light bulbs. As a comparison, try yanking off a light bulb in the dome maplight compartment after 2 mins of it turned on - OUCH, HOT, HOT, HOT....with SMDs (and LEDS), they are warm, but can be safely handled...

You will also find diodes draw less electrical load than the normal bulbs, hence, in some Euro cars (especially BMWs) with smart detection circuits, a 'light blown' indicator will turn on as it thinks the diode is a blown bulb in the car due to the very little electrical load used.

Hope that helps...

• 2 weeks later...

Forum ID: Damo_R34

1 pair of 31mm Festoon with 6 SMDs (Quantity) @ $19.40 per pair: 1

1 unit T10 with 4 SMDs (Quantity) @ $4 each: 0

1 unit T5 (Quantity) @ $2.70 each: 0

Total price of your order ($): $19.40

Location (Suburb & State) for postage estimate: 5108, Adelaide

• 2 weeks later...