SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

Spoke to Grepin just then Steve and he explained the SAPOL/Regency situation to me more clearly (i haven't really read this thread properly sorry :Oops: , I've just stuck my head in the sand and hope I never get defected). However it sounds like the situation here in SA needs addressing for sure.

The other ridiculous thing is the holiday road toll is bad this year across the nation and the blame has been flung back at us supposed SPEEDING drivers.

The fault it is bad is surely with the road safety policies of the bloody state governments!! Does anyone subscribe to Wheels, they now have a regular section on this issues, it's great. The average driver is getting more and more cynical about the SAFETY benefit of the cameras and guns and therefore not careing anymore. Even my father-in-law, the slowest driver I have ever met, has been camered twice in the last 6 months!!

Anyway, this issue and the defect issue goes hand in hand and is not benefiting anyone exept government coffers. The idea of a multi club movement is good.

im might be wrong in saying this but , where the **** does all the money from fines and speed cameras go it shure as hell doesnt go into the roads , which is y the road toll just keeps on rising , fair enough sum cases r from speed like that commodore on mannum road just recently in sa, but if the government didnt just pocket the billions of dollars they wrongly take from decent south australians , and actually fixed sum of the roads in south australia and australia instead of just patching them up and f>"":>?": them up even more then there might be less deaths on our roads and the public mightnt think we' re all a bunch of murders to be.

ok this is my story so far:

Monday: My first inspection at Regency. Afther i was waiting for 40min., finnally i was called in. I came with my dad, just for him to see what's the procedure.

As i entered my car, my cat converter cover scraped a bit, so i thought "OH no my car is too low" even if i bought LEGAL SPRINGS for Mitsubishi VR4 from brisbane.

Any way little fat man was checking, and then we moved my car to be tested for exausth noise(which that day i installed resonator, just to make sure that is quiet, and it was!!!).

Any way afther testing it , he told me that everything is good except that my muffler is still for 2 points over 90db. And he told me that i did a good thing about putting resonator, and that i should bring my car just for RECHECKUP of my muffler and that's it.

So i was happy, that my car was legal except my exausth.

I made booking for today 7/01/2004.

Yesterday i went to exausth place and they fitted another resonator, i paid another $80, but it's cool as long i pass.

So today i went for 2nd inspection and as it was written only to check my exausth and notthing else coz i passed everything else.

As i was entering the same pit my car SCRAPED something same as it screped it on Monday. The inspector (diffrent to one from monday) told me that my car is too low. I sad, but i passed it on Monday, Inspector: well you just got another one.

Thet's where i lost it and (dont laugh) sterted to cry coz i didnt know what to do any more.

Fat guy was there looking, and then i went to him to ask him how did he passed me on monday and this one didint.

I went back and cointinue to cry while they had a chat. Then Inspector dickhead measured my exausth and i passed.

He told me " Sorry for any inconvenience, you dont need to pay for your 3rd checkup"

So that's my story. Now i will have to put my old springs back and hopefully pass it for the 3rd time.

I reckon this if by far most bizzare chase of TSA inspection.....

"you dont need to pay for your 3rd checkup"...Gee, that's nice of them

Don't be ashamed dude, I was about to burst into tears too when my 33 got rejected the first time. I waited 3 months for my car only to get rejected beacuse of a spare tyre and battery. Do they realise how much emotional power they have?

...and another thing he sad to me, afther i told him that i'm a Tafe student and that i'm allready broke, is that " you should be lucky to have a car, soem students dont even have one....."

like whatever.....u made your point DR

, but still i dont get it what's that got to do with my situation.....

You should have told him that he is lucky to have a job as most braindead F***Wits don't have one and are on a disability pensions.

If it wasn't for people like us buying these cars, morons like him would be queing at Centrelink.

• 2 weeks later...

I also think that most of this stuff is a load of bullshit, i dont see why BOV's are illegal big woop there are heaps of shit cars out there that spit heaps of polution into the atmos and no one starts having a go at them but when people dare put a BOV on there car you get jumped all over, same with turbo timers, if i didnt have one i risk damage to my cars engine... but because i have one some random PIG thats having a bad day can ream me for it when its only there to protect my car shits me off SOOOOOOOOOO BAD, the main thing i dont understand is why they give us crap for looking after our cars, keepin them clean well maintained and all that stuff, and then some random dude with a shitbox Commodore thats blowing crazy smoke and all that crap ruining the enviroment and all.... SOOOOOOOOO MAD SO SO SO SO MAD

Interesting that a car registered as a rally car doesnt need a cat and the exhaust can be 96db (told this by EPA), also, commercial vehicles can have turbo timers, some manufacturers fit them OEM! different rules for different people here.

Cops defecting? Its all about numbers, to be able to justify money being spent (ie budget) the police must show that the money is necessary - if their were no defective cars in this state, no doubt money being spent keeping them on the street defecting cars would be spent on things like crime prevention. IMHO

As for regency, god knows? perhaps just frustrated individuals that like a power trip and being able to say no to people and giving them the shits?????

just been in melb for the past week.

cop pulled a bloke with an R31 over, he did a burnout at the lights, has a good number of mods, plenty of shiny stuff. Cop let him off, checked under the bonnet and said he could go.

Today he got a letter in the mail from EPA for inspection in 3 weeks time, where his car must meet the requirements of that of a stock R31 import with NICS RB20det - this ones got a ECCS R32 RB20 and FMIC and exhaust. In melb you cannot pass EPA with an exhaust, FMIC, or anything like that. what a crock of sh1t

Are you sure? I rang the EPA in melbourne as part of my research.

They told me the car can have exhaust, but must have cat, one only intake mod (pod or cooler, not both), BOV if it plumbs back, different turbo as long as it is similar to stock - the example I got is if the stock one has bush bearings, you could get a ball bearing, as long as its the same dimensions, but doesnt have to be OEM.

When I rang, I asked to speak to someone about modified cars, and had to ring back as the guy I spoke to is apparently their authority on mods? Maybe they have changed the rules?

His name was Lou, number (03) 9695 2676

Well i had a fcuken shit day today thanks to those wanks at regency. It all started when i got mail today from transport SA. It was rego renewal papers, so i was readin it, and instead of it having all the rates and shit, all it said was " Your vehicle cannot be re registereed until it has been cleared at your local transport sa." I was like wtf!!?? So i rang the general enquires line and asked them what the letter was on about. It turns out that my car had not been cleared of its defect yet!!! That means ive been driving around a defected car the last weeks even thou it passed its inspection a while ago! So i had to go to my local transport sa place and they fixed it up for me, but i was so mad.

The reason i am is cos both times i have been at regency to get defects off, they have not removed the defect from their computer systems. BOTH TIMES!!! So my word of advice to everyone is that keep your papers in your car just incase u are as unlucky as me...

I had a bad day!

as most of u know ... public servents ... they can't fire them ... so they have to get them to work on modified cars?? .... that don't make sense :D LOL

I wouldnt' be surprised if Lou has a hotted up excel with 5 inch exhaust tip and super lowered but still legal hyandai excel and is considered the car modifying guru in the group :D hahahaa

I heard on the side today that Regency Park is now "Empire Central"

It seems that everyone (well many of them) have been playing the promotions game, i.e. the head honcho went from a level 5 to a level 6 (or something similar) and its had a flow on effect all the way through.

I heard this from a guy who worked on the truck inspections/weighbridges, and who used to be friendly with a few people at regency. He said the place has gone to the dogs as they are all getting paid more for doing less, and the guys on the floor doing inspections have no idea what they are on about, so they just follow what’s written in the book. (like that’s a new revelation) – Apparently one of the guys who really knew his stuff died (a year or so ago) on his way out to a remote inspection (heart attack in a hotel bed) and he was the one who kept the others in line, and accepted “reasonable/safe” modifications. Since then the place has been run by guys with NFI.

Anyway I just thought it interesting that people on the inside also have concerns about what’s going on down there.

OK guys, crunch time:D I have pretty much finished mapping my submission, but it is time to put all the pieces together.

Please, anybody who is willing to go on record, I need your support.

what I will be doing is using examples - but these must be verifyable, so that when/if an investigation/shakedown is conducted, formal statements/testimonies will be available.

Initially no names will be used at all, just case examples for confidentiallity, but for formal action to be taken it MAY be necessary for people to be contactable.

So once again, please either pm me your story, with a statement that you are prepared to go on the record formally if required, or send me an e-mail. Dot point is fine, or any way at all. And remeber, even if you just feel the system is difficult to comply with, thats all you have to say, but if you have examples of incidents (such as yours Dean), even better.

my e-mail is [email protected]

Cheers guys

Hello,

Im new to the group infact this is my first post....

From my experiences all the police pick on is modified cars.

It is not road safety when blow off gets defected and a bomb goes free.

I went through the city once and there was a defect station. They where defecting all the imports. Anyway down the road there was a rust bucket 1980's tarago that had broken down and the police where helping to push it off the road.

I do not know how this car could have not passed the defect station. I do not know if it got pulled in and was let go, OR was let through, OR even if it was defected after being pushed to the side of the road.

They where just pulling over imports. There where many more imports left 'stranded' along the side of the road ( no rust buckets ). I do not know for certain but they where probaby picking up people for minor things like blow off's.

I have heard a 1st hand account of someone being defected for a blow off after the cops rung the crap outa the engine and it still didnt go 'woosh'.

I think this is one battle we will never win.

Cheers,