SAU Community

Head Unit Wiring Diagram

Ok All,

B4 I get pounced on by those who would happily tell me to go to the g35Driver.com website to find the answer, I have been there and even searched Yahoo for the wiring diagram for my 2002 V35 Sedan Bose Unit. The diagrams don't match those in our JP versions.

So far, I have dismantled all the interior lining of the boot and exposed the connector plug to the Bose Amp and it is a 26 Pin connector.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram to the stock Bose Head unit and the Bose Amp?

And, are the Bose Amps on coupes different from the Bose Amps on the sedans? I know the coupes don't have a subwoofer, whereas the sedans do...I aslo heard the subwoofer unit has it's own amplifier, not sure if it's true though...

This will save me a lot of time playing lottery with the wires. I can't afford to have this done by a professional nor can afford to buy a direct adaptor connector. FYI - I am jobless and refuse to go on the dole....

Any help will be appreciated....

Pic of Bose Amp:

aDSC00124.jpg

Pic of the connector 01:

aDSC00119.jpg

Pic of the connector 02:

aDSC00121.jpg

Pic of Bose Subwoofer:

aDSC00126.jpg

I do. that said hat exactly are you trying to do?

if its pull the radio then the poor mans version will be on installdr.com. its the later model plugs and they do give the pinouts on that site.the colours WILL NOT match but the pinout will. if you have $15 buy an adapting lead from autobarn and match the colours. you will have sound albiet entirely too much at once but it will work.

forget about the bose amp side of things. you have already said that you do not have the $$ to get the proper lead. theres a pinout for the OEM amp in the 2003 FSM that is close.

I'm not too sure how technical you are but there s another way to tackle this but it invloves a lot of chasing and cuttng.

Funny you guys should mention made in PRC, I just bought a cheap all-in-one 7" double din touchscreen with Nav/HDTV/Ipod Interface/DVD Player/Reverse Cam input for very cheap...

I couldn't skimp on the fascia, and despite Chris's views on the Metra Unit, I went and bought it from the USA. This is the same unit that JB Hi Fi supposed tried to sell BenzLe. Apparently, everyone bags the Metra Unit due to the A/C probs, but after closer reading, the culprit lies in the pin connectors on the fascia...

I then bought a chinese wide angle reverse cam to replace the factory one and also some reverse sensors.

So once everythign arrives, I will start ripping out the JP Panasonic Nav Brain, Bose Headunit, Factory Reverse Cam, 7" panasonic Screen, etc....

Thanks for the website Chris. I'll try my luck, and go buy a Nissan harness adaptor like you have recommended...

If the whole Bose Amp and Speaker system needs rewiring, I am prepared to do so...since a jobless person should have plenty of time up their sleeve...

Even on a 'tight-ass' budget, replacing the stock unit for an aftermarket one isn't cheap at all, when you factor in all the other sundries required for a decent installation...Hopefully I can recoup some money by selling the Bose head unit with 6 stack MD Player, the fascia, Factory reverse cam, Panasonic 'add-on' system...Sometimes i scratch and wonder why I bought another imported car after the many hard and costly lessons learnt from previous experiences...

Hopefully, when I am done, I can put up a DIY and confirm the harness pin IDs...

Hey guys...

I am also attempting to install a double din headunit also...I actually bought the facia kit from JB hi fi, and it seems my climate control is working good. however there are 3 white plugs but in need of the circuit diagram for the audio...will check out the link....

driving around with half the dash missing....soo annoying...

• 3 months later...

i'm looking at the audio wiring diagrams. This after my failure to identify the wiring in the skylines. How different is the skyline (non bose)audio system than the g35. The wiring colour codes are not like anything I have seen on this side of the pond.

Shouldn't be too hard...takes trial and error, a volt meter, and a fused bulb screwdriver....u can normally pick out the wire pairs for the respective speakers also. Normally, the thickest wire is the Constant +ve.

Anyway, if you can't do it yourself, go get it professionally done....