SAU Community

Rb20 Keeps Hitting Fuel Cut

BANGN

This morning on the way to work my R32 kept hitting fuel cut when I was demanding power from it,

if you stomped first gear most of the time it would pull through but towards the end of second gear it would hit fuel cut, not every time but just most of the time

tis a RB20 with R33 Turbo, FMIC & Manual Boost Controller.

plugs are at 1.0 gap atm which I need to reduce

why do Rb20's hit fuel cut? could it be the fact I have a spiking boost controller? or perhaps that it was too cold this morning? I havnt touched my boost level which is about 13psi last time I set it, I dont have a boost gauge so I am not sure how much boost it runs when it hits fuel cut, but its been running fine until now.

My Ribs are sore now

Edited by BANGN

This morning on the way to work my R32 kept hitting fuel cut when I was demanding power from it,

if you stomped first gear most of the time it would pull through but towards the end of second gear it would hit fuel cut, not every time but just most of the time

tis a RB20 with R33 Turbo, FMIC & Manual Boost Controller.

plugs are at 1.0 gap atm which I need to reduce

why do Rb20's hit fuel cut? could it be the fact I have a spiking boost controller? or perhaps that it was too cold this morning? I havnt touched my boost level which is about 13psi last time I set it, I dont have a boost gauge so I am not sure how much boost it runs when it hits fuel cut, but its been running fine until now.

My Ribs are sore now

hey im driving a rb20 with a turbo on aswell and im having an issue with an electronic boost controller, my solonoid doesnt regulate any air going into the turbo, but yeah mine was hiting fuel cut aswell and since i took the boost controller out of the mix it seems to be fine, might want to try that? take it out and if it stops doing that then its most likley a boost issue

hope that will helps in some way.

i would say it is the cold air causing it now and not before. when i had my 33 i was having the same issue on cold mornings when i had the boost at similar levels.

i think that happens to my 33 as well, but only at cold start on a cold day, but i do not dare push it before the engine warms up

You should turn the boost down and see if that helps over the next few days. Just make sure you turn it down and not up. haha

Yer i would try it first coz the ecu is proberly cutting the fuel out having higher boost.

Get yrself a stage 3 chip in the ecu to eliminate the default fuel, speed, revs, boost cut out.

Ecu chips arent expensive and they will make the car perform better. :P