SAU Community

I've Got Another ' R34 What Is It' Question...

i can get a pic if needed, but im hoping that the r34 drivers on here will know what im talking about without one....its located in the boot of my car on the drivers side just above the rear wheel and is covered by the boot interior trim .... its a clear plastic canister of some sort that is holding about a liter of oil, brake fluid oil , like dot 4 i think, in the three years that ive owned the car ive never had to top it up, is it for my brakes? or HICAS? but my car doesnt have HICAS or at least not while ive owned it...

any ideas?

I'd love to see a pic ..

All I know is on that side on the drivers side above the wheel is an empty area with nothing there 'cept a small vent .. always wondered what was supposed to go there ...

HAHA yeah i have one aswell, i think that is for the brakes, i'm amazed you havnt had to top up your brake oil dude.

ok il get a pic up tomorrow, i have had to top up my brake fluid (only once)...but ive done so at the front on the master cylinder....and jrm said he had nothing in that space i described, if it were for brakes wouldnt it be on every skyline?

nah not really, if it was a preowned skyline maybe the previous owner took it out for some reason, mine is preowned but the previous owner only had it for a couple months, i'll find out tmr what its for.

Cause im getting my car back from the mechs.

do you own a gtfour?

I have the container in my boot and its for the attessa system.

Nothing brake related in the boot, the only place for brake fluid is on the master cylinder under the bonnet :down:

Edited by R34GTFOUR

whats that black plastic screw thats between the throttle body and the neo engine cover? you can turn it both directions, wtf is it for? (roughly center and on top of the engine)

do you own a gtfour?

I have the container in my boot and its for the attessa system.

Nothing brake related in the boot, the only place for brake fluid is on the master cylinder under the bonnet :/

ok got a pic, attessa system? what the heck is that? lol, its a 4wd gt, is that what you mean by gtfour? , just noticed while taking the pic that its overfilled too lol (not my doing!)

post-64281-1249627758_thumb.jpg

something to do with the idle air control i think

how do you adjust that screw? like can you turn it al the way one way and then turn it a certian number of times back the other way, or is it just where ever the car runs best?

That container in the boot looks like the the ATTESA E-TS fluid reservoir. It takes ATF, not sure what spec fluid for R34.

If you won't know ATTESA is then look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATTESA

Thread on bleeding here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/At...To-t161627.html

Search is your friend (though if you don't know what word to search for it's kinda hard!) :)

how do you adjust that screw? like can you turn it al the way one way and then turn it a certian number of times back the other way, or is it just where ever the car runs best?

um how bout dont touch it at all!!!!!!!!!!

leave that to your tuner to touch - dont play with it at all - my tuner would kill me if he found out i played with that :)

that system must only be for the GT4 becuase in my boot i only have the outline of where that panel should be, and if u take the boot trim out the only thing behind it is a vent.

Maybe its something to do with the 4wd system... i don't know....

that system must only be for the GT4 becuase in my boot i only have the outline of where that panel should be, and if u take the boot trim out the only thing behind it is a vent.

Maybe its something to do with the 4wd system... i don't know....

nah i don't think soo i don't have a GT4 and i got it.

and plus mine is rear wheel drive not awd.

and so the plot thickens!

take a look directly under the drivers rear corner of the car behind the tire, what do you guys have? i have a complicatied looking mess of hydrualic and elictirical bits with hard lines that run toward the front of the car covered up by vented areo dynamic plastic...ill get a pic 2moro, but i think this is like the heart of the atessa system

nah i don't think soo i don't have a GT4 and i got it.

and plus mine is rear wheel drive not awd.

I think you may be getting it mixed up with something else. A r34 gtfour is a na awd, it runs the same awd attessa system as the r33 gtr.

It's the container that holds the fluid that "engages" the clutchpacks in the awd transfer case that sends power to the front wheels. If you have it, your car is awd or it was at some stage.

Edited by R34GTFOUR