SAU Community

Buying A V35 Tomorrow

Yep, most of them are 'private seller', yet when you ring them they clearly are a business. When I was interested in a car (before I had it checked out and found it was a pos in wolf's clothing) they even wanted me to pay $10k cash, and the rest by bank cheque so they didn't have to declare/pay tax on the $10k portion.

Word is, if they don't disclose they are a business and ask you to meet them at some service station or something, then run for the hills - dodgies have been done to people in this scenario.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found another thing that make me think parramatta rd is full of dodgy...

the guy saids 73k in tokyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUKsGjLPnaY...feature=related

46k when it is in sydney

http://japaneseautocentre.com.au/el/zoom.php?id=1526

30000kms difference.

I sent him a comment with the youtube link :D

I experienced something similar last year with those guys who put up private seller ads on carsales.com.au but are clearly running a business. Prepurchase inspection saved me from buying what must have been a severely wound back vehicle.

A couple of weeks later the same guy emailed me with some pics of a blue 350GT-8 sedan premium which was very distinct from most other sedans because it had reverse camera, sunroof, sunroof shield and one of those Jap toll things near the shifter. He claimed it had about 25,000kms on the clock and was auction grade 4.5. I realised I had seen the car on Prestige Motorsport's website and upon checking saw it was the exact same vehicle except listed as auction grade 3.5, with 86,000kms on the clock. I replied his email with the link to Prestige Motorsport but never received a reply. Word of warning to anyone who deals with those guys (you can tell their ads from a mile away on carsales.com.au). Just be wary :banana:

I'm hoping to finally get my 35 coupe maybe by the end of this week. It will be getting the Chris Rogers treatment either today or tomorrow so needless to say I am extremely excited :P It has been a month since I put a deposit down but I decided to delay by a week and a bit on getting it delivered to Melbourne given that Chris was going to be able to work his magic

hey Chris, thanks for your express delivery of the cruise control and SWI-X the other week - I meant to ring u and thank you when they arrived by got busy and forgot about it.

Due to various complications, John is finally installing the cruise tomorrow - I fit the buttons today (and subsequently now have the VDC and Slip lights lit - I am pretty sure I put the steering wheel back on 1 or 2 cogs out which hopefully is the cause) and he is doing the rest tomorrow. I have given him your number if he runs into any issues, as he is time constrained and doesn't have time to spend all day figuring things out, so you might hear from him.

Haven't had time to fit the SWI-X yet, but looks pretty straight forward.

gavin,

nice car. goes well:)

enjoy .I believe its on the way to you now. truck was called when I left today about 12ish. questions - ask :(

Thanks Chris. I can't wait to have a play :D

All the best for the rest of your tour :)

hey Chris, thanks for your express delivery of the cruise control and SWI-X the other week - I meant to ring u and thank you when they arrived by got busy and forgot about it.

Due to various complications, John is finally installing the cruise tomorrow - I fit the buttons today (and subsequently now have the VDC and Slip lights lit - I am pretty sure I put the steering wheel back on 1 or 2 cogs out which hopefully is the cause) and he is doing the rest tomorrow. I have given him your number if he runs into any issues, as he is time constrained and doesn't have time to spend all day figuring things out, so you might hear from him.

Haven't had time to fit the SWI-X yet, but looks pretty straight forward.

andrew,

no probs. in regard to your lights issue - pull the wheel and look at the alignment marks on the shaft and wheel. I have only done it once and that kicks up the result you have. pulling the wheel and dropping the battery *should* fix it. I had to put a scan tool across it when I made that mistake.

the diagrams I put in there should be all he needs. only thing that may catch him will be the brake wiring. nissan for some reason chop/change position of them.

if he gets stuck have him ring me. its fairly straight forward though.

Thanks Chris. I can't wait to have a play :D

All the best for the rest of your tour :)

thanks! I need to see a local shop whilst I'm here about a JDM R35. going to crack one of them open and play with the screen.

• 3 months later...

Sorry digging an old thread out,

I'm thinking off getting a V35 sedan and went to the dealer and have a look at one.

The dealer have a 2004 V35 350GT-8 and its have 44k km on the odo and condition its alirght but not perfect.

As the car is very dirty and the interior is pretty average and there are marks everywhere, also the little joystick to next to the pop up Tv is missing!

I had a play with the gadgets and the car have a touch screen SatNav on the factory TV and have Australia map.

The Radio can pick up Australia stations and its have the bose sound system.

I notice the pop up TV when i pressed the button on the top the TV, it doest come up all the way and i have to pull the Tv all the way up.

Is this normal?

Also the car have the xeon headlights and fog lights.

The car only come with 1 key and i asked the dealer can he getanother key?

He told me he will ordered a spare key for me from Japan.

Test drove the car and is nice & smooth, the A/C is very cold.

Anyway i'm going to another dealer to look at the 250GT and the 350GT nextwwek.

I'll be trading my V8 soarer and see how much i can get for the car.

Personally if a car that is a few years old and is pretty dirty, marks everywhere and the screen not working properly, i would stay away. There are plenty of very nice examples out there so why settle for something you're not entirely happy with?