SAU Community

R34 Tommy Kaira Digital Cluster

Hargow

Hey Guys

I managed to get this working thanks to Advanced Auto Instruments in Revesby NSW

For those that want to know each wires do see below:

- RED = +12v Battery

- ORANGE = +12v Ignition

- GREEN = Speed Sensor/ Signal

- PURPLE = Still haven't figured this one

- BROWN = Still haven't figured this one

- YELLOW = Still haven't figured this one

- BLACK = Earth

As you can see only 3 wires are left, most likely its to do with the Peak Torque and Shift Light which i'm not really fussed about.

Hope this helps anyone with the dash as rare as it is.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will, :P

What's the phone number of Advanced Auto Instruments (Revesby) and who's the best contact guy there???

I intend to get 3 Defi gauges for my XT Forester installed/connected (ie volts, boost & oil temp). Do AAI sell these too???

Did it cost much for yours??? PM me on that if you like!

Thanks in advance.

Terry

PS it was so funny for a while to see so many posts of guys not answering your Qs but drooling over your cluster :down:

Hi Will, :P

What's the phone number of Advanced Auto Instruments (Revesby) and who's the best contact guy there???

I intend to get 3 Defi gauges for my XT Forester installed/connected (ie volts, boost & oil temp). Do AAI sell these too???

Did it cost much for yours??? PM me on that if you like!

Thanks in advance.

Terry

PS it was so funny for a while to see so many posts of guys not answering your Qs but drooling over your cluster :down:

PM'd

Yeh i was hoping someone in Sydney had one of these installed ahah

• 3 years later...

I have recently purchased one of these clusters contacted tommy kaira Japan ( different company to tommy kaira )for a wiring diagram..... They didnt have one for the gtt but one for the gtr to my knowledge the speedo is the same unit they put in all their clusters so all the wires do the same thing but pin out to the ecu will be different if you need it pm me the only problem is its in japlish

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the info. Might come in handy for installing mine. I have a wiring loom with it, and the cable for the torque and shift lights, I just need to get around to having it installed. But not in a hurry. If anyone wants to make me a 5k offer I may consider selling it. Lets face it, they are not making any more of them. The digital speedo goes up to 400km/h apparently. Very interesting. The pic below is from a blogspot web page about his R34. But mine looks the same. This site just doesn't let me link to my pics, so I linked to his one instead. He did a good job getting it working, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask him a few questions. http://er34.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/tommy-kaira-25r-digital-meter-cluster.html#comment-form

DSC_0225.jpg

Pathos.

• 3 weeks later...

Supply and demand Murray. I have the supply which I may or may not use, and I demand a good price, for it to ever leave my sight. LOL. There's only about 80 manual versions in the world, minus those completely destroyed by fires etc. So in a few years when they are really hard to come by I won't be surprised to see them go for more than 5k.

But in all seriousness, I really would prefer to install it in my R34, with all blue LED back-lights. Should look nice in blue, with the red digital speedometer. My car has the Power FC computer in it, so install should not be too hard I hope. (Crosses Fingers, Legs, Arms and Eyes). LOL

Seeya on the road people.

Pathos.

• 7 years later...