SAU Community

Aftermarket Race Seats For Your R35

LSX-438

Hi guys

has anyone fitted race seats to their R35? I find the stockers quite good, but i'm after a significant weight saving. If anyone has actually fitted some, i would love to hear about how you did it (including seat rail setup), what you fitted and price etc.

Also, once you disconnect the factory seats, i assume you get a dash light about the airbags??. If you put the seats back in, does the airbag light reset itself, or you you need to visit nissan to reset the light?. Can the Cobb accessport reset such lights?

cheers :P

Hi guys

has anyone fitted race seats to their R35? I find the stockers quite good, but i'm after a significant weight saving. If anyone has actually fitted some, i would love to hear about how you did it (including seat rail setup), what you fitted and price etc.

Also, once you disconnect the factory seats, i assume you get a dash light about the airbags??. If you put the seats back in, does the airbag light reset itself, or you you need to visit nissan to reset the light?. Can the Cobb accessport reset such lights?

cheers :)

I was considering this one...at $4000 each and probably quite narrow (built for a Japanese frame) it's too much risk, but very nice looking.

post-62393-1250053493_thumb.jpg

forget that! do what Russ (giant) did, get a nice (or pair) of racetech seats and have a base made for them. and away you go. you could probably get a pair of them for $4000 inc the fabrication and install and some harnesses. (depending on model). and they are probably the best race seat maker out there. very nice designed, comfy and safe seats. and well priced. the only downside is they are made by bloody kiwis! but through 'em a bone I'm sure they could use the cash.... :)

Hi all,

We have received an email this week from one of our R35 customers who replaced his seats with racing seats in his R35 and after doing so it triggered the airbag warning light.

That customer is outside Australia, so I want to check if anyone with an Australian delivered car has seen that issue too ?

We are working with Works Bell in Japan to see if their airbag warning cancellation harness will fix this issue with aftermarket seats in R35's , but I want to check if anyone has seen this issue also occurring in Australian delivered cars with aftermarket seats.

- The Tuners Group

you could try resetting the airbag system itself using the door cheat

something like car on ACC, open door press the button on the drivers door to turn interior lights off down 7 times then start the car?

• 4 weeks later...
So the options seem to be a) Make custom seat brackets or b) Buy the Bride ones?

Would the bride brackets work with other seats you reckon?

We have been sorting out aftermarket seat mount options for one of our R35 customers this week.

gallery1240.jpg

Another option for side mount seats which we've been looking at for our R35 customer is the Momo Side Mount Brackets shown above.

They have been used by racers for years to mount seats in custom applications.

I have a set of the Momo side mounts in one of my cars attached to a set of Porsche sliding rails. So with that setup I have back and forward sliding adjustment through the factory sliding rails, and angle adjustment of the seat (to set how upright the driving position is) via the Momo Side Mounts.

If you look at the mounting holes in the horizontal surface of the Momo mounts in the photo above, they are slotted, so in many cars they can be bolted to a set of factory sliding rails very simply.

I have even seen people use the Momo mounts to mount bottom mount racing seats - an engineer I know made an alloy cradle so that an OMP bottom mount seat could be bolted to Momo side mounts so that the seat could have adjustment of the angle of the seat to get the perfect driving position.

The Momo side mounts are available in both a steel version and alloy version.

More info here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Online_Store/Mo...Side_Mount.html

large1242.jpg

Momo also make universal seat slides (shown above), we are checking for our R35 customer to see if they can be used on the R35. More info on the universal sliding bases is here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Online_Store/Mo...eat_Slides.html

- The Tuners Group

my personal opinion of the momo sliders is pretty low. I have a pair and they are less than excellent. I've now replaced them with cobra sliders which are about $70-$80 for a set and much nicer. the momo ones I had the seat 'rocked' on the little balls that are inside the slider.

side mounts are just a piece of metal bent and drilled. the momo one are nice, but if they are expensive I'd go the cobra ones or there are heaps of other brands out there (most race places carry 'generic' ones which are fine). steel ones are good and strong but bloody heavy, they can make mounting easier in a road car though as they are very thin. to be strong enough the alloy ones have to be quite thick which is fine in a race car where you have more room but can be a pain in road car when you have a wide-ish seat and some door trims etc to deal with.

anyway, if you can fit them go with some kind of alloy side mount. as far as using the side mount to change the angle of the seat it's not exactly on the fly adjustment though. most installations you cannot access the inner bolts when the seat is installed so to 'adjust' the angle of the seat you have to pull the whole thing out, change it's position and bolt back in. there are rails that do have angle adjustment though. the ones for the carbon kelvlar recaros in my RX7 actually have two levers, one to slide back and forth and one to tilt forward and back. it's quite nice, but I've never seen it replicated on any other seat rail set-up.

my advice would still just be get the custom base adapter/frame made up and made as low as possible. you fit the cobra sliders to that, and then side mounts of your choice (I would either go cobra or even better is to buy the same brand side mounts as the brand of seat you have as they will fit nicely together and give you the most useful range of adjustment, they are all slightly different).

• 2 months later...
R35 Bride Link

There are a few tuners here running aftermarket seats. Also a few rails available. Pls let me know if you need more info.

Can I confirm if ADM GTR get heated seats guys?

Thanks for the link! :D

Yes the ADM cars have heated seats (and about as useful as tits on a bull too). At least the Premium cars do.