SAU Community

Wheel Size For My R34

AfterburnerBlack.jpg

hi all.....m looking at buying this wheel for my r34 gtt.....its a 19inch and comes in 19 x 8, 19 x 9.5

just wanting to know would this be ok in size and fitment...the car is currently stock in height and i dont want to do anything elseto make it fit...meaning rolling te guards etc.

it does come in 18's too....so all your advise will be appreciated

thanks in advance

18's will look better, perform better, ride better, fit better.

obviously the thinner the easier they will fit, just depends if u want the extra width or not. maybe just go 8.5 front and 9.5 rear to be simple.

Also just keep in mind your tractrion control will become more sensitive if you go for the staggered fitment as the wheels front to back end up being just slightly different in diameter. This is what heappened to me when i went for the staggered fitment on my 18's. It will actually start cutting in if you hook it into a corner a little hard without any wheelspin at all.

It's a little annoying but its easily turned off so doesnt bother me at all.

AfterburnerBlack.jpg

hi all.....m looking at buying this wheel for my r34 gtt.....its a 19inch and comes in 19 x 8, 19 x 9.5

just wanting to know would this be ok in size and fitment...the car is currently stock in height and i dont want to do anything elseto make it fit...meaning rolling te guards etc.

it does come in 18's too....so all your advise will be appreciated

thanks in advance

U can never EVER get a set of wheels to look good without rolling the guards. It's a common misconception that rolling is flaring. Rolling the guards is very common and simply means carefully rolling the horizontal lip up to near vertical. This can be done quite easily without cracking and allows U to run ur wheels about 0 - 5mm in from the edge of the guard like they should be.

It'll handle better, ride better and look better in 18".

Are U saying it only comes in 8" wide and 9.5" and nothing in between? I'd try and get 9" with about +25 offset front and 9.5 +30 rear to be on the safe side from rubbing with 235's front and back. U can fine tune the fitment from there to get it perfect with camber if necessary.

Edited by bradsm87

I haven't ever seen or heard of ANY tyre retailer that cares enough to choose the right width and offset wheels for a car EVER. You gotta do ur own research and tell em EXACTLY wat u want.

+1

U can never EVER get a set of wheels to look good without rolling the guards.

It's not impossible. Just unlikely. My guards are not rolled.

20070921_my350z_nightshots_04.jpg

my350z_20070929_nightshots_09.jpg

They comply with your "0-5mm inside the guard" rule, and it doesn't rub under heavy load. Even if I reduce that negative camber in the rear, it's fine.

I'd agree that they look better if they were out another 5-10mm or so, with a bit more neg camber dialled in, but as it is they sit reasonably flush.

I haven't ever seen or heard of ANY tyre retailer that cares enough to choose the right width and offset wheels for a car EVER. You gotta do ur own research and tell em EXACTLY wat u want.

++

A lot of tyre retailers seem to be completely ignorant to the concept of offset.

I've seen people posting up threads on other forums with the recommended wheels for their cars, with widths half an inch wider than stock but with higher-than-stock offsets. Talk about appearance fail.

Edited by scathing