SAU Community

Joint Canberra/Sydney cruise

Jay95R33

Shit Red,,,here I was trying to be serious,,,,checked my post,,,as to not piss Shell off again and then red you post,,,,,cracked me up big time.....ROFLMAO.......Still laughing............... :):):) shit still laughing....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahhahaha LMAO Dino!!! :lol: :lol:

gee i never realised Fyshwick had effected my language so badly!!! 8O

I'd better watch myself, no more oooohs and aaaahs from ME! hehe

Neil, yeah dirt roads are definately a no-go....as for looking at a map, that's a bloody good idea, might give that a go myself LOL

Actually just had another idea...what about Kangaroo Valley and around that area? Instead of meeting in Goulburn we could meet near the highway exit, at one of those big servos?

Eat me Urmine,,, you might like stone chips and cracked screens,,,,but the rest of us Don't. You won't have a bloody licence then anyway so it won't be your baby suffering.

Shell,,,I have no objections to the Valley,,,just a bit far for you Coldville lot. I'm gonna haffta look at the map again now. Great thinking though. Tallowa Dam looks good.

Sorry all, I've been a bit pre-occupied with getting myself organised for Dragcombat this week :wink:

Will try to get some ideas together soon!!

Just gotta find me some maps...

• 2 weeks later...

jiMbo, it's going back a few reply's. Grandstand:Kings stand, Where:around the parliamentary triangle streets of canberra, Who:Stegbar canberra 400 V8 Supercars. Is that what you are talking about :?: :?

22/23 sounds good. ill keep those day's free. Shell which grandstand you in? I'm in the Kings grandstand. Anyone else goin to the stegbar canberra 400?[/quote:a7f1fda0ef]

No grandstand for me, SilverSlyder :cry:

the person who was supposed to get tickets, didn't....then everyone decided they couldn't be bothered paying heaps to watch Scaife win another round, so we are going pov this year (GA)...

P.S. we might have to move the date of the cruise so don't write it in your diary just yet!!, when i get off my butt and find somewhere to drive to, we'll get this going again.

• 2 weeks later...

I did at little bit of searching while waiting on a download,,,this is what I could find,,,,,,,,,,

Tallowa Dam,23.5kms form the Village (Kangaroo Valley) via Mt. Scanzi Road and Tallowa Dam Road, the tranquil lake(Not For Long) is set in Australian Bush(Go figure) with canoe launching facilities (In Winter,,,NOT),fishing(Maybe),BBQ(Oh yea baby), public toilets(No pissing in the Dam) & picnic area. Spectacular views of the bush, dam and Shoalhaven River with wonderful bird life.

Kangaroo Valley Tourist Assoc

here's another,,,,

Tallowa Dam is the centrepiece of the Shaolhaven Scheme (a transfer system to supplement Sydney and Illawarra regions water supply) and was completed in 1977. The reservior formed by the dam, Lake Yarrunga, hols approx 85,500 Magelitres. The dam wall is 520 metres long 32 metres high(at the spillway) and up to 51.1 metres thick. The catchment area of the Tallowa Dam is approx 5620 square kilometres.

How to get to Tallowa Dam:-

Located on the Shoalhaven River near Kangaroo Valley about 200 km south west of Sydney.

Access from Sydney via Hume Highway (F5) turning off at Mittagong for Bowral. Take KAngaroo Valley Road towards Nowra. Turn off at Kangaroo Valley (Hampden Bridge) to Tallowa Dam.

Access from Sydney and Wollongong via Princes Highway (F6) to Albion Park then via Illawarra Highway towards Moss Vale. Take Kangaroo Valley Road towards moss Vale. Take Kangaroo Valley rd towards Nowra. turn off at Kangaroo Valley (Hampden Bridge) to Tallowa Dam.

Sydney Catchmaent Authority

Sounds good to me,,,,,What do you all think.

Neil