SAU Community

Bodykit Quote

Ty1

Hey, I just recently bought a fibreglass bodykit off this website called vivagarage. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of there kits before and how well they line up. I also got quoted $2000 to fit and spray the kit (front bumper, rear bumper, two side skirts) Is this a reasonable quote??

I paid 900 for mine painted and fitted.

had it done in Wynnum. Not gonna advertise the guys business cause he cut the diffuser off my $550 rear bar

But maybe that comes under the philosophy "you get what you pay for"

Edited by R33_Rob

Guess it depends how good a job you want done/how good the paint and finishing is too.

You can try shopping around though,,is this the first quote you've recieved?

hopefully your kit fits of the bat! i doubt it though.

we spent hours re-fitting twisted pieces, so if you could do any of that im sure it would dramatically reduce the cost if you can take it to them ready to go.

good luck :P

I bought a rear bar and side skirts from Viva for my stagea.

Took me about 40 hours to make the rear bar fit. Had to be cut into 3 peices.

Both side skirts had to be lengthened as well.

Good luck

40 hours?? did i read that right? lol that's insane! yea viva garage is the only place I could find that sold the full kit for a 4-door r33 so I'm hoping it doesn't involve too much work otherwise i'm not gonna be too happy. and yea this is the first quote I've gotten so far. The place that quoted me was 'auto collision repairs' at seventeen mile rocks..the first place I've been to that actualy gave me a quote lol

I paid 900 for mine painted and fitted.

had it done in Wynnum. Not gonna advertise the guys business cause he cut the diffuser off my $550 rear bar

But maybe that comes under the philosophy "you get what you pay for"

thats damn cheap man spill the info ill take 3 of em

would be interested to see a picture of your can wen ur kits fitted! um, have a look on secretdrift.com.au look for a user named matterhatter or something similar he does good work for fairly cheap :thumbsup:

Smick panel and paint on the gold coast are doing my veilside front bar, side skirts, and rear pods for $650 painted and fitted. and I think hes doing my grill for free

Earlier in the year I got a TR bar off carmate and it wouldnt bend in enough to fit flush so it cracked and had to be repaired and they have been ignoring all my emails. Hows that for customer service.

buying from monkey where house is the same shit from buying from dmd..

in the end its warped..

pm me if u want me to help u find the right places for bodykits.

DMD does sell genuine bodykits, I got mine genuine URAS/Blitz D1 wide bodykit from DMD and the kit fits perfectly without dramas at all.

Anyways back on topic, my recommendations are:

1. Cameron's Body Works

Phone Number: (07) 3277 3475

2. SMC Kustoms

Phone Number: 0417 002 376

3. Unique Auto Styling

Phone Number: (07) 3889 3669

Hey, I just recently bought a fibreglass bodykit off this website called vivagarage. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of there kits before and how well they line up. I also got quoted $2000 to fit and spray the kit (front bumper, rear bumper, two side skirts) Is this a reasonable quote??

i payed just under $15,000 for a kit and to bare metal respray. but thats with custom molded guards and like i said to bare metal.

at the end of the day, you get what you pay for and when it comes to paint, every mofo will pick it like they know every thing about paint and have bought the best of the best.

my advice, decide what sorta quality you want and then decide if thats an acceptable price.

with paint. you get what you pay for. hope this helps.

DMD does sell genuine bodykits, I got mine genuine URAS/Blitz D1 wide bodykit from DMD and the kit fits perfectly without dramas at all.

yeah just dont get them to fit it.

personally send PCE a message, that where i last got my hookups from.

and yes you do get what you pay for, just look at the JSAI shit !!!

Edited by 32_Dave