SAU Community

Wierd Sound When Clutch Engaged In Neutral

guido

Hi all,

Just picked up my R33 V-Spec today, and as the topic states get a weird whirring sound when the clutch is depressed in neutral. Release clutch, sound goes away. All in all gear changes are fine, and no weird sounds to be had.

Cheers.

Edited by guido

So it doesn't make the sound when engaged in 1st, 2nd etc?

If it does, could possibly be a twin plate clutch. Basically a grinding metal sound.

Thanks for reply,

Yes the grinding sound is there, so how do I tell if it is a twin plate clutch. I have notice to ge going in first is a drama, not used to the intant bind.

Thanks for reply,

Yes the grinding sound is there, so how do I tell if it is a twin plate clutch. I have notice to ge going in first is a drama, not used to the intant bind.

Yeah, twin platers can be a bit harder to take off in.

Only way to tell 100% is by dropping the box and checking it out lol, i.e don't worry about it. Did you ask the previous owner? If it makes a loud metal grounding sound whenever the clutch is engaged, chances are it is a twin plate clutch (or triple who knows.)

Yeah, twin platers can be a bit harder to take off in.

Only way to tell 100% is by dropping the box and checking it out lol, i.e don't worry about it. Did you ask the previous owner? If it makes a loud metal grounding sound whenever the clutch is engaged, chances are it is a twin plate clutch (or triple who knows.)

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.