SAU Community

Do Cops Delibrately Single Out Imports?

GTR91

/Starts Rant ....

Driving today and there's this weird bit of road - T intersection with a STOP sign. I drive this road daily, as many other thousands do.

A woman in front of me, some guy behind me and we all slow down and approach the intersection. She checks, nothing coming and drives through. I check nothing coming and drive through, as does everyone else behind and in front of me.

Not 2 minutes later I hear a siren, check the rear view mirror and its the cops.

Pull over and get $180+ dollar fine and 3 demerit points for failing to come to a complete stop and a stop sign ...WTF!

I say to the cops what about everyone else who didn't stop? and he replies "I cant pull everyone over" ...WTF!

I wasn't in my Stagea, I was in my R33 and cannot help but believe he singled me out for being in an import.

Added to that, on my return trip in the exact same spot he had a blue WRX pulled over.

Absolutely stinks! I use to have respect for the police, but now they are nothing more than Govt tax agents.

A perfect driving record of 10+ years down the drain because they singled me out for driving an import.

Welcome to communist Victoria.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cops know that a lot of import drivers have a bad driving history, and that a lot of imports are illegally modified. That's enough reason right there for them to pull you over, and then theres also the cops personality. I was talking to one cop once, who bragged about always pulling over imports because "Only Australian cars are any good".

/Starts Rant ....

Driving today and there's this weird bit of road - T intersection with a STOP sign. I drive this road daily, as many other thousands do.

A woman in front of me, some guy behind me and we all slow down and approach the intersection. She checks, nothing coming and drives through. I check nothing coming and drive through, as does everyone else behind and in front of me.

Not 2 minutes later I hear a siren, check the rear view mirror and its the cops.

Pull over and get $180+ dollar fine and 3 demerit points for failing to come to a complete stop and a stop sign ...WTF!

I say to the cops what about everyone else who didn't stop? and he replies "I cant pull everyone over" ...WTF!

I wasn't in my Stagea, I was in my R33 and cannot help but believe he singled me out for being in an import.

Added to that, on my return trip in the exact same spot he had a blue WRX pulled over.

Absolutely stinks! I use to have respect for the police, but now they are nothing more than Govt tax agents.

A perfect driving record of 10+ years down the drain because they singled me out for driving an import.

Welcome to communist Victoria.

Im surprised you were not inspected and defected also...as in Victoria the Commisioner has issued a directive for all imports that are pulled over to be inspected for defects as the have an 80% success rate of issuing a notice.

They can inspect all they like, my R33 is as stock as they come.

probably why they didn't bother. They have been 'schooled' in exhaust appearance (whats OEM) and even injector colours...the injectors is one of the first things they look for when they pop the hood as well as the usual pod filter (useless mod anyway) and blow off valve stuff. If the injector colour isn't right they then want to see the ecu.

Days of cruising around in a highly modded import is history.

Yes they do, but mainly due to the fact that people who drive imports can usually afford to pay fines, well that & the local car manufacturers being in the governments ear about increasing their stake of market share.

Its hardly the coppers fault tho, they are just doing what they are told to do by their senior officers who have been directed by the polititions.

We have a unique breed of that type of Dickh*ad politition up here on the Gold Coast, they are closing all the tracks & forcing people out onto the street. Not satisfied with just the cars either- they are closing down a kids motorcycle venue at Coombabah thats been there for 20+ years because someone has probably placed another thick wad of cash into someones back pocket.

So, support your local pollie like we do Mayor Rudeboy "I will have another payrise even when I went to the poles petitioning against 1" Clarke & Anna "wants to be a cougar" Lies up here in QLD by signing our application to "Close All Local Race Tracks & Promote Illegal Street Racing" its a guaranteed winner people

A guy I know was pulled over for "failing" to stop at a stop sign. He fought the matter in court. When asked by the magistrate if he did in fact stop, he took a coin from his pocket and tossed it in the air. He said to the magistrate, "like the coin that went up, stopped, then came down, I stopped" Case dismissed.

Where i live were fairly lucky, the cops kinda sit back and check out the new imports for a while, if they hear ur doing anything stuoid they'll get ya. If you keep it clean they leave u alone. My old 180 was low a fcuk, loud as fcuk, etc etc and had it for 5 years, got pulled over once for tail lights not working (was a blown fuse) they cud of gone over it and got me but just said go home and fix it, which i did, saw em again that night and got the thumbs up.

But then the 180 i had before that i was a complete and utter fecking idiot in it i got pulled over every time i drove it.

In perth though i hear alot of storys of imports getting picked on all the time for no reason.

In perth though i hear alot of storys of imports getting picked on all the time for no reason.

I must have being lucky so far, in every day to day traveling I don't see much cop cars around the roads I use.

I did get pulled over 3 times in a row though, this was during the 3 day holiday of easter, once in the middle of the freeway at midnight, once in the afternoon going to McDonald & once just about 500meters after leaving my house. :(

Luckly I didn't get any fines or defects those 3 times, & the cops themselves didn't even check under the bonnet, they seem to be mainly focused on checking whether I had paid my road rego or not...

But this was back when my car was pretty much dead stock, all it had was 18" wheels & a fart cannon that sounds softer than some of the riced civcs & excels I see driving around.

Also on the topic of getting pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign, my dad got pulled over once for doing that (he was driving my mum's old VN commodore) & the cops just gave him a warning & let him off.

EDIT: the lesson I learnt from my experience so far: where possible, I always use my mum's camry if I need to travel after 11pm.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

i swear to god, my mate in a moloo ute dont a really small fishy infront of a highway patrol and i got pulled and sent to the DECC to inspect my car. we were leaving a petrol station on the northen road in sydney i dont nothing and i got pulled.

HOW DOES THAT WORK.

i swear to god, my mate in a moloo ute dont a really small fishy infront of a highway patrol and i got pulled and sent to the DECC to inspect my car. we were leaving a petrol station on the northen road in sydney i dont nothing and i got pulled.

HOW DOES THAT WORK.

HAHA, I Reckon they pick on Utes as well... I used to drive an XR6 stock ute and Every time I got pulled over they would always check under my bonnet... and 4 out 7 times under my frigging tonneau cover, I reckon they pick on Young drivers. But i've noticed as soon as you get smart with them they will book you with anything, best to say no officer and sorry officer... hahaha

Nope, I'd NEVER say "sorry officer" if I didn't need to - they take it as an admission of guilt.

But they DO do the "attitude test" to see how you speak to them, and then sometimes they hit you harder if you give them any lip or say something that they might not like. Best thing to do is be short, concise, but not rude.

The thing I love most about my car is that they barely ever look at me. I've been followed a few times, even once when I had just given it a stab on a freeway entry ramp, and I noticed that they followed me pretty closely for a few kilometers, so I figured that the car was an undercover and was checking my details before they pulled me over. I'd just jumped onto the freeway, and slowed right down to around 85km/h in a 100 zone because they were following a bit too close. I'd already suspected that it was an undercover car, and was proven right as they went past me a few minutes later and I saw that it had pulled over another car a few more kilometers away. There were plenty of cops out that night, it seemed.

Cops are pretty good down here... well so I've found anyway. And I don't really care if they pull me over anyway - I just changed rego from interstate today and had to go over the full inspection station, so I know my pod and all my other mods are legal and fine.