SAU Community

Decc Inspection Station Now In Newcastle

Swiper the Fox

Just thought id let everyone know the scene in Newcastle has taken a big hit. Cops are not even bothering to pull people over now, they just send your licence details to the DECC and instruct you to attend the workshop at Redhead. Even modifying your car to pass then re-modifying it can land you in hot water as your car is extensively photographed and if caught changing the car back will result in fines/loss of points/licence.

My friend got breath tested the other day, cops wrote the plate down and today got issued with a notice to attend.

Nazi's

Wow. They are really hitting hard with the modified cars. I wonder are they still targetting only Jap cars or Modified Australian cars too like XR6 turbos.

My friends car was a mildly modified late model SS Commodore and he's quite a sensible mature driver.

What a load of crap!!

There are Drug Dealers everywhere, paedophiles, rapists and murderers but lets concentrate on fining people with a pod filter or a lowered car or a sports exhaust. This will clean up ALL the problems of soceity as they are HUUUUGE problems that could result in Armageddon.

Stands and applaudes the NSW government, you clearly have the priorirties in order.

Emitting offensive noise from a vehicle sound system while driving, or while using a vehicle on a road or road-related area (clause 17)

i think we should all listen to the wiggles

rnb/rap no allowed

what a joke , like someones said they obviously expanded and got even more power

does anyone know the address of this place. i live in redhead and the only place it could be is a few hundred meters down the road. I think i would wanna try and avoid going past there during business hours.

You guys in newy got it easy compared to us in sydney

sydneys getting worse

saturday night i got pulled over into a parking lot , a copper asked me if i have BOV's i told him GTRS come standard with BOV'S he said no they dont and its a defect , Obviously no clue there i dont want to go into detail what else happened they tried so many different things but i just replied in a polite matter and was smarter then them . they let me go in the end .

Last night was with my brother in his Evo 9 ( BONE STOCK ) at brighton , He got defected for having a aftermarket gear knob and they told him his number plate at the front shouldnt be on the side when thats how they come from the factory .

anyone else got any stories i got so much more ......

hope I don't jinx myself ...but in 2 years of owning an R34 I've been pulled over twice .. once for speeding, copped a fine and that's it. Other time I was just curising at like 1 AM in side streets and they wanted to check my license and let me go righ away...

I've been through RBTs a couple of times atleast and was never asked anything about the car or mods. I've seen plenty of cop cars drive past me in both directions and was never pulled over for just driving a skyline. And they could easily use my dark tits as an excuse..

So I think it's a combination of WHERE in Sydney you live and how modified your car is ie. loud exhaust, atmo BOVs etc will always be a cop magnet. There's a big difference if if you're curising around Glebe or around Bankstown. I think the coppers around here are already used to seeing me and know I'm a local so don't bother to pull me over.

it's bogan central that's why .. cops are too. Also due to the high number of idiots in the far west in general, I'd say that's why they're more heavy handed...as they probably deal with speeding dickheads everyday.

You guys in newy got it easy compared to us in sydney

sydneys getting worse

saturday night i got pulled over into a parking lot , a copper asked me if i have BOV's i told him GTRS come standard with BOV'S he said no they dont and its a defect , Obviously no clue there i dont want to go into detail what else happened they tried so many different things but i just replied in a polite matter and was smarter then them . they let me go in the end .

Is that your engine bay photo in your Display Picture? What else did they try and get you on?

I live in Bankstown and have owned my GTR for 2 years. Not once have i been pulled over, looked at twice or anything. Pretty heavily modified too. A bloke from work was saying that on Friday night the coppers down Malabar way were pulling anything and everything over and going to town on them. Pretty scary!

Piggaz na not my engine bay its my old engine bay on my old gtr ,

they told me i need a engineers certificate for all my mods , i told them go ahead open the engine bay , ( my engine bay looks bone stock ) but like yours is heavily modified , but i keep the standard look as its better in terms of cops especially when you live in bankstown which i do . they opened up the bay and said yeh its pretty stock not knowing the cars worked but insisted my car is too low , that i admit its like 6cms off the ground and said my exsaust is too loud , but other then that they couldnt really do much ,they ask alot of questions but they got no clue , they cant see things like turbos , cams , etc , if you got a stock bay ? so i guess i got lucky .

true what you say so many cops around its not funny , and i know there is a cop driving around in a r32 gtr and its white so people be careful .

Ahh. A white R32 GTR. Interesting. Pretty funny about the BOV's though. I suppose we could almost get away with saying 'no we dont have them' if they are the stock items!

On side note. Im surprised i havent seen you floating around here. (in the R34 that is)