SAU Community

Hks Evc Iv/pro Boost Controler Help Please

There must be some Inhuman part man part hks computer on these forums who knows about the EVC IV/pro boost controler.

I found the manual for the setup of the EVC IV pro boost controler and ill attach them here

HKS_EVC_IV_setup_manual.pdf

Page 54 is my boost controler if a picture helps. = http://www.hksusa.com/content/pdf1580.pdf

Does any one know what the 4 dip switches do on the back with any sort of detail at all please people.

We had a try and teaching it to learn the boost curve with no luck as of yet.But my tunner wishes to know what the 4 dip switches do on the back of the unit.

IF any one at all can help me please feel free to throw up some insight on this type of boost controler.

Some pictures of my unit.

back2r.jpgback1sej.jpg

front1wif.jpgfronton.jpg

Wow no body has one of these?

Or has any idea what the switches do on the back?

I like this unit id just like to get it to work god damn it.

I have spent the last 2 days looking for infomation about this unit i found install and set up but nothing has any info on the switches on the back. I know what the po and sw switch is the the small bank of 4 has got me stuffed and im wondering if thats whats causing it to over boost past one bar after it was set up.

the dip switches on the back are to set internal or external wastegate mode

and also from memory are used as part of the hks link system which is what the rj12 socket next to it is for

so check the manual, it should show you how to set internal or external gate via the dip switches

then self learn when did mine was easy

you turn on the self learn mode

it shows -3-

then you take off in 3rd gear and redline it

then it shows -2-

do the same in 3rd gear

and then it shows -1-

do the same

then its complete and self learn is done

you take off in 3rd so it has time to learn the boost build ramp

The sw/po switch sets external vs internal gate, the dip switches are a new one to me though and I can't help.

Looked at all my notes and came up blank sorry.

I have a IV, but not the IV pro, the IV doesn't have the dip switches. Mine is LCD as well, otherwise the units are pretty much the same.

yea id love to know what the 4 dip switches do lol.

If they are wrong in any way its not going to work lol.

As for the internal gate and external gate that is the PO/SW switch on the back.The 4 dip switch is something else ,.........

Thats the problem im running into heh.

oh sorry yeah you are right, i was thinking it was the dip switches that did the internal external

my bad - ok so i would just leave them?

whats the issue when you do the self learn?