SAU Community

TYRE QUESTION: for the GTR

I have 265/35/18 on all 4 (18 x 9.5 rims)

Plenty of room for 275s...

But why would you want to?

The 265s tramline like all hell - and the steering is pretty heavy. You've got all the grip you need - no point going wider.

Just my 2c.

Thanks... Jamezilla

I just put some 19's on the the car, & because they were different size widths the ATTESA was going hay-wire. So I was about to order some more tyres but the only size I could get Good Year REV SPEC in was 275 /19 /30. I'll just stick with the originals, they ride so much more better. Spewing coz my rims look FHAT!

Just read your other thread...

275s will fit - provided your suspension is set at factory height. You may need castor adjustment though.

With the 265s on full-lock (with new-improved 'speedboat' suspension) they just clear the splash-panels under the gaurds. Mind you - I have adjustable castor-rods... not sure if they make any good/bad difference though.

I imagine I would still experience some rubbing on tight, speedy turns (not all that common) as the car natuaraly shifts it's weight.

Best you can do is try them. I'm sure the tyre place will let you check them out?

275s are fine.

I was running 275s on my 18x10s for quite some time until I changed tyres to the Azenis ST115 which doesn't come in 275.

I tried it both on stock suspension and my Tien RAs.

As James said though, steering may get a bit heavy though and unless you really need the grip, stick to the 265s.

Originally posted by Jamezilla

I have 265/35/18 on all 4 (18 x 9.5 rims)

Plenty of room for 275s...

But why would you want to?

The 265s tramline like all hell - and the steering is pretty heavy. You've got all the grip you need - no point going wider.

Just my 2c.

I completely agree.

To be honest with you... dunno what the brand is but I haven't seen any other car with them. I have had them for about 2years, they were originally of my CLK Benz. The offset for the rear is OK, however the front stick a little more into the guard thean normal. Again dunno if this is an issue aswell???

Thanks for the compliment mate.. but I still wipe my own "@ss" so i'm no different to you guys. Let leave the Mums & wives out of this OK :D

- I'm 29

- Got kicked out of school in Year 10

- Property "with my family"

By the way, I haven't picked up E55 yet. 2 more weeks. Though it is the country. Honestly, I prefer driving the GTR, but the E55 is a V8 & nothing sound like a V8 especially supercharged.

Haha - the poor little thing hasn't been out and about for a little while - so maybe there's a twin KGB tractor too!?

Anyway, now you know the car please dont drive over with your Hummer

You know... it probably could get a fair way up the bonnet... if it could catch you :cool: