SAU Community

Acl Heat Shielding

TiTAN

In WA Auto one got it in for me and the time before that I picked some up from Supercheap .....in Canberra.....hmmm.....try Ruddy.

Actually do you need heat shielding in Canberra?

Edited by juggernaut1

i tried supercheap earlier this week and they didnt have anything.

I need something to shield the abs lines/abs unit/wiring in the corner from the heat off the dump pipe as there isnt much room

post-32350-1251254622_thumb.jpg

Edited by TiTAN

That DCI place sounds expensive by the looks of it they offer a cad designed specially formed shield i am only after a single sheet i don't need it mass produced.

As a last resort you could try wreckers and hunt around under the bonnet of an XR6 turbo - theres plenty of heat shielding in there.

That DCI place sounds expensive by the looks of it they offer a cad designed specially formed shield i am only after a single sheet i don't need it mass produced.

If you ring them you can buy single sheets from their dealers and they are cheaper than ACL, I actually know because I have actually bought some (unlike yourself it seems) which is why I suggested it!!!

I was just going off what their website suggested (from what i saw it made no mention of selling individual sheets)

went out to repco and they manged to find a sheet of the stuff on a shelf out the back.

im getting mine from ebay. just need to do the manifold, bit of the dump & abs unit so should be enough.

i know www.revolutionracegear.com.au sell the heat shielding stuff but it ain't cheap.