SAU Community

CES Racing (near Brisvegas)

zymotic

Has anybody had dealings with them, if so were they good?

I have been in contact with Trevor Campbell there and he said that for my stock 33gtst to get to 200 rwkw I would need a dif turbo.

For $2k i get a twin dump pipe stainless steel 3inch system with hi flo cat @ 30 kw.

For $5k i get that + FMIC 600x300 (they manu their own), malpassi regulator and boost controller @ 45 kw all up.

For $10.5k i get all that + new turbo and PowerFC to take me to over 200 rwkw. How much do u think with all this?

Does this sound reasonable prices and good upgrade path ie:

1. Exhaust

2. FMIC, regulator, boost

3. New turbo, PowerFC

I guess @ $10.5K I'm almost getting into 'might as well sell ur gtst and get a

33 GTR territory'.

Anybody know any good skyline performance people in Bris with good prices and rep?

Any advice be good. Tar.

I got a CES Exhaust for my R33 and it was awesome. Highly recommend them for exhaust work tehy are by far one of the best. Although they to tried to sell me a FMIC but its kinda expensive when you can get a similar Hybrid Intercooler for about $1k, same size to. So get the exhaust from them but get the FMIC and the rest else where.

Hmmmm!! You don't really need Stainless exhaust, by the time a mild steel one rusts you will probably have a different car...so.....

turbo back 3"and hi flow cat about $1200, Rob Bliss or Drift King

Hybrid FMIC 600x300x78 and pipes about $1200

Power FC from nengun or Greenline about $1200

Apexi Power intake pod filter about $140 not really needed a K&N filter for your stock airbox will flow just as well but won't sound as sexy.

up the boost to 10 to 12 psi with a 2 stage boost controller and you should be very close or there.

To my mind it's worth moving the throttle body to the front of the inlet plenum. It shortens the pipe from the ic to the plenum gives better access to the engine , plugs etc and simplifies fitting a cold air box if you use a pod filter.

Read the appropriate threads in the performance forum.

Ok

Rob Bliss will do a turbo back, high flow cat, 3inch for $1100

CES do a twin dump pipe, 3 inch system for $2k but they clain 32 rwkw gain with whole system.

Big difference in price. Question is am I getting what I paid for ie is the CES system almost double the price because it gives much better kw gains?

Oh decisions, decisions.

Basically what 51jay said for the parts, then buy your own turbo either hks gt2535 (t3 flange) or garrett gt25/45 something with t3 flange and a/r .64 exhaust housing. $$$ wise is 1.5k to 2k for turbo, and probably 1k and more with parts for install.

Go here for intercooler related:

http://www.are.com.au/

Hope that helps :D

I have had a few dealings with CES , yes there work is second to none, some say it pricey, but comparing the works around the place, i'm more than happy to part with the lil extra cost, and yes, I go the mild steel exhaust as they sound SEXIER especially on a gtst than a tinny stainless.

ARE fmic are as good as you can get, Hybrid are pretty good for the price. If you want to eyeball both + Drift King and Rob Bliss turboback exhausts, they are all lying around my driveway, but don't waste any time they are all going back together over the next few days, just as soon as I can get rid of 4 Doorz miserable excuse of a 528i BMW. We've spent the best part of 2 days trying to get the exhaust manifold off !!! *** &&& !!!. With friends like Steve you sure don't need any enemies!!! :P:(

i wouldnt spend any more than 1200 bucks for an exhaust.. but its up to your personal prefrence. i dont think stainless is worth it.

proabably go

pod, exhaust, fmic, pump, maybe regulator, boost up (recommend ebc) then decide how much further you want to go. your standard tuning mite not be too good now either.

Got my exhaust done by CES racing and as hungry6 said, their work is second to none, if you want quality then you have to part with a little more cash, i'm glad I did.

I posted some pictures of my exhaust in the QLD section, but this gives me another chance to post them:p .

GT-R%20005.jpg

GT-R%20004.5.jpg .

Sounds awesome!.

Got my exhaust done by CES racing and as hungry6 said, their work is second to none, if you want quality then you have to part with a little more cash, i'm glad I did.  

I posted some pictures of my exhaust in the QLD section, but this gives me another chance to post them:p .

Sounds awesome!.

Looks good but do u believe that u gained the 50 rwkw that CES claim for their full GTR system. I mean I've only got an ECR33 although they claim 32-35 rwkw gain from the full system for one of these. Basically, I just wanna know that ill get the best gains in rwkw from these guys considering exhuasts are ur best kw for $ gains as compared to other mods, before I part with $2k. How much did u pay for ur Godzillas exhaust?

considering exhuasts are ur best kw for $ gains as compared to other mods, before I part with $2k. How much did u pay for ur Godzillas exhaust?

i wouldnt say this is true! exhaust is the mod which should be done first but it def isnt the best kw to $ mod.

i would say safc + boost increase would be best $ for mod.. i gained 35% more power with safc and boost increase and i only spent 500 ish dollars.

I also think saying that you will gain 32-35rwkw just from an exhaust is a little excessive but then again it could be the truth depending on which dyno it was put on to get this "reading" .

i wouldnt say this is true! exhaust is the mod which should be done first but it def isnt the best kw to $ mod.  

i would say safc + boost increase would be best $ for mod.. i gained 35% more power with safc and boost increase and i only spent 500 ish dollars.

I also think saying that you will gain 32-35rwkw just from an exhaust is a little excessive but then again it could be the truth depending on which dyno it was put on to get this "reading" .

That best bang for the buck this was something I read in here, but I wouldnt really know anyway. Guess I was thinking that 32-35 was excessive also so I wanted confirmation from AusGTR that he really made the 'claimed gains', and that a CES exhaust is worth getting ($2K) when i can get a Rob Bliss one for ($1.1k).

Just trying to make best decision on my first performance mod. IE Rob Bliss will do or CES racing is worth it because it gives better performance.

Looks good but do u believe that u gained the 50 rwkw that CES claim for their full GTR system. I mean I've only got an ECR33 although they claim 32-35 rwkw gain from the full system for one of these. Basically, I just wanna know that ill get the best gains in rwkw from these guys considering exhuasts are ur best kw for $ gains as compared to other mods, before I part with $2k. How much did u pay for ur Godzillas exhaust?

As much as I wish, you don't automatically gain **kw when changing your exhaust. That comes with tuning and able to run more boost with better flow. I haven't put my R on the dyno yet so I am unable to help you there, can feel the difference though ;) .

My exhaust saga continues...

Ok after talking to Rob Bliss he said that they would do a Single Dump Pipe. He said that this gives better low down (revs i guess) grunt than a twin. This sound accurate? Guess I'm thinking that would be good to get the car off the mark, make more even power from off to on boost. Maybe..

Anyways guess Ill save the extra $900 and get him to do the job. Doubt that the additional cost of CES @ $2k would also mean 45% more power as well as cost. Then I may have a woping 155 rwkw lol.