SAU Community

Oem Wheels Resprayed

spraying on top of existing paint mostly won't work...

they need to be sanded down to metal, re-prep with undercoat then new paint on... that is the proper way to do it...

lots of work, they're probably do a lazy work...

which shop did you take it to? r u in melb?

I went to this shop in North Bondi Sydney who does repairs on wheels/ panel beaters. When you peel the paint back you can see the original paint which means they didn't sand it back. I paid $150 for each wheel.

Take it back dude and show them. That's obviously not a proper job done. Don't know what they will do about it, although they should re-do it correctly.

I took them back and he admitted that the baking process wasn't done correctly. I had a feeling that they didnt remove the paint from the rim and just sprayed over the shiny area which would have resulted in this.

He said that it would take 2 weeks for the paint to properly cure. i can wash the car during these 2 weeks just not with one of those pressure hoses. I got them painted that factory shadow chrome which is a tricky colour apparently. Next time i am thinking to get all 4 wheels painted either gloss black or the same colour as the car which is silver.

Sounds like they are full of excuses and hot air, I wouldn't be so forgiving. They didn't do the job right and then they try and palm you off with some sorry excuse about the baking process not being done properly. Then they expect you to live with it and go away. You have the right to a refund or to have the job redone to an acceptable standard.

Personally, I would demand a refund at this point, you gave them a chance and they proved they are either lazy or lack the skill. Either way, you paid for a job to be done and it wasn't.

If they refuse to refund, or at the very least, redo the job properly, then lodge a complaint with the NSW Office of Fair Trading. Make sure you advise them first before lodging the complaint, as just the mention of it might be enough incentive to change their mind.

f**k that off.

Tell them to either get it done properly (sanded/blasted back to metal, prepped, painted, clearcoated), or give you a full refund. He's already admitted to not doing the job properly.

When Magman did my wheels he charged less than that, and that included bead blasting the original anodize off the wheels. It took time but it came out well.

Otherwise, drop Craved a PM and see if he can replicate the finish you want with powdercoating.