SAU Community

My First Yellow

Blinky101

Just a random out there one.

I got my first yellow sticker today. I was driving very responsibly down the street when I got pulled over by a Highway Patrol. Apparently my Carbon Fibre bonnet is stronger than a regular car bonnet and it is a hazard to pedestrians when I hit them (like I aim for them or something). Apparently a regular bonnet gives a little when a body hits but a Carbon Fibre one won't. ???

Anyway, now I have 10 days to get it sorted and inspected, but I will be away from Monday for 9 days.

hmmm

Blinky

lol yellows are something u dont woohoo about :)

And what he means by give a little, is that metal bends, where as carbonfibre shatters into sharp pieces

hope its relatively stock, fair few people are getting slapped with emissions tests.

good luck!

If you were to hit a pedestrian at a speed where the bonnet would shatter, the cuts would be the least of his/her worries as they would resemble minced meat from the impact anyway.

Just put your stockie back on and when the lickie is off, go home and put the CF bonnet back on.

Problem solved.

If you were to hit a pedestrian at a speed where the bonnet would shatter, the cuts would be the least of his/her worries as they would resemble minced meat from the impact anyway.

Just put your stockie back on and when the lickie is off, go home and put the CF bonnet back on.

Problem solved.

Then get another yellow as soon as he pulls out of the driveway again.

Problem unsolved.

CF is illegal because test dummies get decapitated, or mauled in crash tests

Technically you can get CF passed, but to do so, you need to provide some department with 5 CF bonnets to test out, and then its only passed for that specific vehicle, not every vehicle. The cost to get it legalized would be ugly, if you could actually manufacture CF to guarantee it to fold it set places like regular bonnets do.

Just for the record, "WooHoo" was written as sarcasm and not as a proclamation of joy or happiness.

I am now looking at ways of making my stock bonnet look nicer, ie adding vents. I dont think the CF is going back on.

Also, a company named "Blits" does offer a legal fibre glass bonnet.

Just for the record, "WooHoo" was written as sarcasm and not as a proclamation of joy or happiness.

I am now looking at ways of making my stock bonnet look nicer, ie adding vents. I dont think the CF is going back on.

Also, a company named "Blits" does offer a legal fibre glass bonnet.

confirm it for WA not just QLD were they are based

Then get another yellow as soon as he pulls out of the driveway again.

Problem unsolved.

The cops would give you a lickie for anything they wanted, permits or not.

Problem will always be unsolved until they are held accountable for handing out bullshit yellows.

That is an absolute farking joke when 4x4's drive around with great big steel GRATES bolted to the front of them.

Cops dare not anger the 4x4 soccer mums, everyone knows they shouldn't mess with a mob of angry house wives. :)

To the OP, did they yellow you for anything else other than the CF?

The sticker was for the CF bonnet, and in the "Other" section they put the BOV. I have an after market BOV on there but it should be legal as it is plumb back.

Any how, the stock bonnet and original BOV are back on now. I had a fiddle with a few other bits under the bonnet that they may have questioned at the inspection, so as it stands now, I am very confident that the sticker will be off by Tuesday arvo. The only nagging things left on the "Maybe Illegal List" is the 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust (hopefullly no emission test required) and the HIDs Ihave lighting the way.

Fingers are crossed.

Also, the CF bonnet is not for sale yet. I might use it as a chop up to modify my stock bonnet. Unsure yet.

Blinky

The sticker was for the CF bonnet, and in the "Other" section they put the BOV. I have an after market BOV on there but it should be legal as it is plumb back.

Any how, the stock bonnet and original BOV are back on now. I had a fiddle with a few other bits under the bonnet that they may have questioned at the inspection, so as it stands now, I am very confident that the sticker will be off by Tuesday arvo. The only nagging things left on the "Maybe Illegal List" is the 3.5 inch turbo back exhaust (hopefullly no emission test required) and the HIDs Ihave lighting the way.

Fingers are crossed.

Also, the CF bonnet is not for sale yet. I might use it as a chop up to modify my stock bonnet. Unsure yet.

Blinky

let us know if you change your mind about the cf bonnet and decide to sell

cheers

mark

Ok Everybody

My final post for this thread.

My 33 went over the pits today and the results are in. The bonnet is good now that it's stock, BOV is good. Everything else is fine. My windows are over tinted so I need to remove the tint to pass and I need to rig my headlights so the low and high beam stay on together if I put on the high beam. HID's were never questioned.

The inspector took it for a drive and even made comment that it was one of the nicest and smoothest skylines he had ever driven.

Then he dropped the bomb. I have to complete an IM240 emissions test.

I will start a new topic post now titled IM240 Emissions Test. I will go through step by step whats happening so everyone else can be prepared if they ever encounter this dreadful test.

Blinky