SAU Community

Brisbane...do You Love It?

Slow S13

Hi all,

Have spent a few years in brisbane now and love the place. However there have been a few i know who could not wait to leave..

My question is "Do you think the river city is getting better or worse"

Personally i think that all these bridges and walkways over the river look terrible but overall the city is getting better!!

Post your thoughts..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Have spent a few years in brisbane now and love the place. However there have been a few i know who could not wait to leave..

My question is "Do you think the river city is getting better or worse"

Personally i think that all these bridges and walkways over the river look terrible but overall the city is getting better!!

Post your thoughts..

nah its alright, im from perth originally and miss it, but brissy is nice IMO, the import scene was better a few months ago though =(

worse worse worse worse worse worse worse!!!

used to be a great city 10-15 years ago. then too many people started moving here from other states and trying to make it like other towns. now there's too much traffic, too much traffic calming, too many people in shopping centers etc etc.

Used to be a great town, now it's just horrible.

worse worse worse worse worse worse worse!!!

used to be a great city 10-15 years ago. then too many people started moving here from other states and trying to make it like other towns. now there's too much traffic, too much traffic calming, too many people in shopping centers etc etc.

Used to be a great town, now it's just horrible.

mood apathetic?

i love brisbane ;)

close to everything - easy(ish) to get around, pretty chilled (not as much as canberra mind you :D)

i cant wait to limiter bash it and redline shift in the new tunnel however :laugh:

I moved from Wollongong to Brisbane for work end of 07, loved the place after staying here for 2 weeks! However just in this short time I can see the increase in people and traffic and the other gripes people have mentioned. I guess I can't talk though, after all I'm part of that population increase lol Still though I don't mind Brisbane, but it's a bit far from the coast line for my liking.. I guess it's what I was used to

moved 2 years ago and although its not Melbourne in terms of POSHness, Brisbane got other things going for it

I used to fly to Sydney for work every 2 weeks or so and Trust me. Brisbane does not have a traffic problem.

i lived there for 3 months recently and loved it...would move up if i had the opportunity to.

my mrs isn't real keen on it...she says the city lacks culture.

Got it right.. Brisbane City is pretty ghey.

I have lived in and around Brissy for 25 years. There are some nice places around the city that are good to go too. You just have to know where to go.

Other then that it is ok. I prefer Perth personally, much more organised.

Brisbane sucks :D

Come to the beautiful Gold Coast where you can be getting a nice tan on the beach one day and then stabbed or shot the next . . . lol

why drive that far when we can get all that stabby goodness, right here in sunnybank? Now with added minor bird/masked lapwing swoopage for your enjoyment.

But yeah, brisbane is the place to be for sure.

why drive that far when we can get all that stabby goodness, right here in sunnybank? Now with added minor bird/masked lapwing swoopage for your enjoyment.

But yeah, brisbane is the place to be for sure.

Hahaha

I suppose it doesnt mater where you live there will always be trash lurking around at some stage