SAU Community

whats better: R32 GTR or R33 GTR?

"the 33 is where its at... but the 32 is quicker."

I believe this statement to be a myth. Having watched a stock v-spec 32 vs a v-spec 33 - the 33 is the clear victor.

In terms of equipment - r33 is a clear winner

In terms of aesthetics - the r32 is considered by many, to be far superior.

Personally, I'd take the r34 over both of them - but who wouldn't?

I've driven all 3 GTR's 32, 33 & 34. Though the 34 is my preference. I think, for the money, the 33 is the best value of them all.

If you've ever driven the porsche turbo's, the 32 would be the 993 Turbo, plain & basic, rough, tough, pyschotic little spoilet brat. The 33 is the "Manual not the tiptronic" 996 Turbo, a few luxuries, smooth criminal, big, has a presence with a mix of Bill Goldberg & Al Capone. The 34??? we'll talk about that later.

**Also - this thing about 32's being quicker, hmmm?? Realistically speaking...it's not like you'll notice the difference between them all.

32 for me. Whilst the 32 is slightly faster in a straight line there is a greater difference once the road gets twisty. The 32 due to being lightler and a shorter wheel base has superior cornering ability. It is far more race car like in it's feel. It is and feels and lot smaller.

Mick.

I dunno...I used to like the R32 over the R33, but I'm not so sure now? The R32 does look tougher, but it's age is really catching up with it and it's not refined, looks out-dated but tough. The R33 is bulkier, smoother and more refined...but it's bulkiness can still look aggressive. I've never driven one, so I can't comment on their driveability...just from an aesthetic point of view.

I'm going to also go on the line and say that, stock v stock, the 33 will beat the 32 in a circuit race. Close but comfortably. The visual evidence I have seen backs that up (with different drivers, different course, result the same...)

The dynamics of the r32 may make it more of a 'pure' sports car (that's why they went back to some of the design elements with the 34 - wasn't a performance issue in any department). It is, from all reports, a more 'on the edge' car than the 33.

yea ive owned a r32  

i would take the r31 with the gtr engine anyday

because all gtr r gay (doesnt take any skill to drive em fast)

mind you a r32 with the fuse pulled is alot of fun i must say but still no r31

Like this beast I saw hooning along to wakefield the other weekend. ;)

rain.jpg

fatz1.jpg

fatz2.jpg

Gets the *** sik award for 03.

Guys the 32 is still the king. Not because it is lighter or quicker, but because it is the origional. Its like a trilogy movie, the first is always the best.

Plus its looks are timeless. whereas the 33 looks clumsy. sort of like a patch up job ;)