SAU Community

F1 gossip

Shell

so i see Montoya's going to Mclaren in 2005..

do you think this will hurt his championship chances next year? Do you think Williams might leave him out of the loop in regards to developments etcetc, since they know he's leaving?

anyone got any news or gossip for the 2004 season? I don't get much of a chance to surf the F1 sites.. :P

Apparently not all is lost for next season as far as Montoya-> Mclaren, Weber->Williams. Announcing Montoya so early is suspicious, but who knows.

Its a long shot, Montoya will be committed no matter what he is driving, but whether Montoya will be given the opportunity to run against RS?

For this to happen next year, Weber has to get out of his contract, his manager also is looking at a position at renault for him, Coulthard needs his marching orders despite having been re-signged, and Montoya needs to be released by Williams, which is probably the easiest part to see happening.

What else... old JV looks to be out of a drive, rumours have him perhaps buying he 2ng Jag seat, but noone believes JV will pay for a drive.

MS is too much of a fairy to do a penalty shootout against Manchester (also sponsored by Vodafone) because the pansy hurt himslef recently playing soccer! The delicate flower need a "can of harden up!"

My prediction (ok, delusion) Coulthard to once again win Aus GP, then go on to dominate season, what looks to be his last.

Money talks, bullsh*t walks. Frank Williams is too tight on spending big bucks on his drivers. Good to see JPM go to Mclarens for 05. DC, I think he's past his peak. When he was at Williams and first season for Mclarens he was good but he's dropped off now. However every new season brings a new mental approach so hopefully he can sting it together.

I hope Webber gets a drive at Williams though. Don't see Jag doing to well too soon. His contract expires at the end of 05 so Frank Williams may have to buy out the last year of his contract, so may not get it. Renualt is a good option for Webber.

It would be great to see Weber in a competitive car like Williams, only of the big teams i think williams is the worst of the big teams for Weber.

Purely because Williams typically recruits good/great drivers, it rarely encourages, produces great drivers. Too many competent steerers have been burnt by old Frank and his team politics, and with Ralfs contract up for review at the end of 2004, you can imagine the $$$ he will be asking for to stay. (he is rumoured to be earning approx 170% of what Montoya takes home.)

I just dont think it is the right environemnt for Weber to walk into, look at Montoya this year with Ralf taking his race engineer after a few rounds, notice how Montoya's results went astray early-mid season?

I think i would rather see Weber at Renault, but then again Williams is still a great improvement over Jaguar who still need to spend/develop the team's technical ability.

Who knows Weber might join Williams and rattle Ralf with his speed, and the team may take a shining to a genuine Aussie with genuine speed, not a delicate ego who rubnishes the team for poor results.

Ok, so far the list looks like this

2004 Formula One entry list

1. Michael Schumacher (Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro)

2. Rubens Barrichello (Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro)

3. Juan Pablo Montoya (BMW WilliamsF1 Team)

4. Ralf Schumacher (BMW WilliamsF1 Team)

5. David Coulthard (West McLaren Mercedes)

6. Kimi Raikkonen (West McLaren Mercedes)

7. Jarno Trulli (Mild Seven RenaultF1 Team)

8. Fernando Alonso (Mild Seven RenaultF1 Team)

9. Jenson Button (Lucky Strike B.A.R. Honda)

10. Takuma Sato (Lucky Strike B.A.R. Honda)

11. Giancarlo Fisichella (Sauber Petronas)

12. Felipe Massa (Sauber Petronas)

14. Mark Webber (Jaguar Racing)

15. Christian Klien (Jaguar Racing)

16. Cristiano da Matta (Panasonic Toyota Racing)

17. Olivier Panis (Panasonic Toyota Racing)

18. To be announced (Jordan Ford)

19. To be announced (Jordan Ford)

20. To be announced (Minardi Cosworth)

21. To be announced (Minardi Cosworth)

Nick Heidfeld has signed a preliminary contract with Jordan (don't know what that means???).

• 2 weeks later...

I read the other week that Minardi is looking to the Middle East for drivers, due to all the oil and other riches. Plus there arent any arabs represented in F1 so hoping to get some $$$ support.

I think some mayl have troubles getting their helmets on with those beards :rolleyes:

As a Huge f1 fan i have been keeping tabs on the silly season. For 2004 there are only really 2 seats left. 1 at minardi and 1 at jordan. I think Zsolt Baumgartner will be at minardi and Ralph Firman will stay with Jordan. Id say there is no chance of the montoya leaving williams before the start of 2004 season possibility. As much as i am a huge fan of montoya i dont think he will take any secrets away with him from Williams, apparently he has never been the most proactive driver in the R&D side of the sport.

2005 and will be very interesting. I think webber will go to Williams. The newest speculation that weber will go to Renault with Alonso in 2005 but i just dont think that an aussie will be the most attractive driver commercially for the renault bosses. Half of williams race team are already australians and my feeling is that is where he will end up. Ralf may not even be there beyond 2005.

Either way i think the sooner webber gets out of jaguar the better. Un fortunatly with ford decreasing funding, jaguar now relying on a pay driver and Jaguars direct competition getting stronger i think their days are numbered.