SAU Community

Volk Te37 Question

Hakosuka22

Hey everyone.

Just had a quick flick through the wheel guide as I am trying to decide on some wheels for my 33 GTR. At this stage it has come to TE37's. I didnt fancy any of the slightly cheaper Work range and dont really want to fork out for LMGT's. The only problem is that im not sure on sizing or offset. Im only really sure of width, and 9.5 all round is what im aiming for.

Is 18" enough to archieve a nice look? Can I get away with 19" or will it spoil the car?

Ive googled around but cant find many 33's with TE37's that have the specs to match, if anyone has had to work through this dilema before your help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh the line is white with standard GTR bodykit and I was thinking of going with the bronze finish...

Cheers,

Justin

Hey everyone.

Just had a quick flick through the wheel guide as I am trying to decide on some wheels for my 33 GTR. At this stage it has come to TE37's. I didnt fancy any of the slightly cheaper Work range and dont really want to fork out for LMGT's. The only problem is that im not sure on sizing or offset. Im only really sure of width, and 9.5 all round is what im aiming for.

Is 18" enough to archieve a nice look? Can I get away with 19" or will it spoil the car?

Ive googled around but cant find many 33's with TE37's that have the specs to match, if anyone has had to work through this dilema before your help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh the line is white with standard GTR bodykit and I was thinking of going with the bronze finish...

Cheers,

Justin

Nice choice of rims, Heres some nice pics for you..

+22 through to +15 will sit flush on the guards

Cheers

Johno

Thanks for the quick response. Awesome. Well thats what im after with the offset too so thats settled.

Johno is that your 33 in the first picture with the white te's? That is exactly the look im after... Are they 18's or 19'?

The 32 looks good too man with 17's...

Erm.. I thought LMGT4s and TE37 are pretty similiar in price arent they? But I heard they stop making the LMGT4s.

Go on the Rays Engineering website and they have the full list of offset for clearing the brakes and the offsets for different cars. Stick with that and you cant go wrong.

18" seems to be the best size for the R33 GTR, although they came with 17", cuz it is quite a longish / bigger car, it needs 18" just to top it off.

+1. Unless you're doing up the car for show if not stick with 18s. If you're getting 18 TE37, get 18" x 10.5 +22 and they'll look awesome.

My LMGT4s are 18" x 9.5 +15 with 285/35 tyres. Have a look in the garage page if you're interested in photos of the car.

Hey Brandon. Just checked your pics out. Our cars are almost identical except for yours being an N1 edish... nice. Even your old bronze rims looked good!

Im still set with the TE37's and will most likely go with the offset you recommend. Thanks for the help guys. I will keep scouting for pics. I like the white but my old GTS-T had white and it wasnt the most fun to keep clean. Will still keep it in mind but want to see what silver and bronze will look like.

Cheers for the help.

Yea, they're not fun to maintain. I'll have to clean them every week to keep them white. Gonna have to buy new Nismo decals for them too. If you cant be bothered cleaning, bronze is definately the colour to get. The bronze Work I had were perfect for that. You cant even tell if its dirty unless you're right in front of them.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just been through the same thing myself. I ended up going for a bronze set of 19 X 9.5 + 12 which is the recommended width and offset from Nismo.

Linky Check that out. Although a 34 the 9.5 + 12 sits pretty much perfect. The 19's also have the "dish"... 18's do not