SAU Community

10" Or 12" Type R In R33 2dr

Nick.

either would be fine in a R33 2door but it depends on many things that you want like, What music do you listen to, what amp do you have running it, what kind of box are you putting it in, are you going to dynamat it, do you want tight quick hitting bass notes or louder lower hitting but bass but no as tight, do you want to be heard a block away or not???

i have heard alot of 12" type R's and think there really nice sounding subs and would personally go a 12" type R over 10" type R, but it does depend on setup, ie: amps box boot install and eveything like that.

i have a 10" rockford T1 but thats a 600WRMS sub unlike the 10" type R being 500WRMS and find that more then enough putting out alot of heavy bass but also being tight, but i also have a PDX1.1000 amp runnign it at 4ohms (to allow me to add second sub l8ta droping it down to 2ohms) i listen to everything from rock/metal to dance/hip,hop and RNB.

Best thing is to go and listen to both 10 and 12 inch in a shop and see what you like the sound off (keep in mind that once in a car the dynamics will change)

If you have the amps and everything installed in your car you could probly ask them to test it out in your car.

hope it helps a bit

but it is just my 2cent :thanks:

Good luck with it hope you choose one you like.

Edited by cavell

• 3 weeks later...

Just go the 12". I had one in my 33 (with the Alpine ported box that you can buy with it) and it fitted neatly in my boot. Took up about one half exactly.

They're an excellent sub, I wouldn't worry about them not being as "tight" as others are saying, they're still a quality sub.

Although if it were me, I'd buy a JL Audio one. Only about $100 more, same RMS and literally punches twice as hard.