SAU Community

Nfs - Shift

Ivonin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2k... ur dreaming, you can setup a "good" gaming machine for a teenager maybe and keep updating it every few months, which is fine if thats what your happy with. That should perform pretty much to the same level of a PS3 or 360.

But for people who have money and want to pay for it, then 2k will barely cover the CPU and case. The one i built for my mate has these core components... not including the water cooling which is only a wank if you dont overclock.

Intel Core i7 975

EVGA X58 SLI Classified Hydro Copper

6GB Corsair Dominator GT PC3 2000 C8 DDR3

EVGA GeForce GTX-295 CO-OP FTW Edition

All that alone came to almost 4k

And this still isnt going to extremes, he does want to double the GFX cards and double the RAM...

I'll stick to my $300-$500 consoles.

Does he plan on playing games on dual HD monitors with (AA & AF set to max)? Otherwise seems a complete waste of money & seems just for bragging rights. Especially with the CPU, whats the point of getting a $1k+ CPU that won't really help much in terms of gaming anyway (unless his planning on using the 975 raw processing power, which isn't gaming anyway).

& I hope his doing some serious OC, otherwise waste $ on ram & CPU (seeing how the 975 should have the unlocked multiplier.

Way to rip your friend off.

i7 920 D0 will go over 4GHz the 975 is a waste.

Classified + EK Full cover is cheaper than the Hydro that isn't full cover.

Despite owning that RAM myself I'll freely admit it is a complete wank and not worth the price.

Any single PCB GTX 295 will clock as fast if not faster than the CO-OP FTW. Older dual PCB are slightly faster again in most cases and then two GTX 275s are faster again.

If you are going to compare brand new hardware you'd at least have to say $600-$1200 consoles that they sold for when they actually had new hardware.

+1

Seems to me, he or his friend just spend $6k on a computer for bragging rights, unless they are gaming on multiple HD monitors & plan to set max AA & AF (also pointless seeing how aliasing becomes less evident with high resolution)... even then, I would rather spend the $$$ on another graphics card rather than a $1k CPU.

a patch 4 ps3 was out today

good game, took me about a day and a half to finish

but 1 thing i dont like is using my G25 with clutch and using it it manual mode with clutch active but the game still automaticly still engages clutch, not cool

other than that not as good as grid but its ok

I just bought this game and I'm wondering if its a lemon. Yes the graphics/sounds are awesome, and I dont mind the handling and physics, its not as good as some of the other games but its a big improvement on previous NFS titles. I am thinking that EA forgot to test this game at all for bugs and glitches though becuase there seem to be an alful lot of them. My 34 GTR that I just spent all my ingame credits on is immune to part upgrades (like I can buy them and apply them but they dont do anything) and the drifting is absolute shit. It is so shit not even the game its self can handle the shittiness of drift. 7/10 times when the drift event begins with a rolling start the computer will lose it, so instead of starting at 60kmph or w/e I start backwards up against a side barrier. This is all after 1 day of gameplay so god knows what else I'll find or if I'll even be able to make it to the end of the game. I have also heard of some pretty bad ommisions such as the mouse not working on PC version and the XBOX version trying to connect to the playstation store online.

i like it, took me a little while to get used to the way it drives.....then i realised its all in how you setup the driving options....

If you want arcade, leave it all on idiot mode and thrash the hell out of it.

If you like a simulator, put it all on hard as hard, and it drives fantastic.

thats what i love about this game, it can drive like both.

and OMG the Veyron around the nurenburg ring!!!!!! (not gonna check the spelling)

but i dont like the drift mode, i just cant get the hang of it. dunno if its the physics or just me. i loved the idiot proof drifting in pro street, although the rest of the game was a little average.

Edited by boiracer

i downloaded the demo, the game seems to be pretty good, might take a little getting used to, but all in all looks pretty promising, i really want a G25, but cant see myself spending the few hundred on it when i would rather put that money into my real car :), needa hit someone up for a present!

havnt played for like 2 and a half weeks..

last time i was playing. had a worx converted R35 GTR, a stock R35 GTR Spec-V, a stock R34 GTR(used to be worx converted with the 1991 winfield R32 GTR livery but sold it to fund the R35) also an old school GTR. great fun to drive

I got this on PC with momo wheel..havnt played for a couple of days.. but awesome game nonetheless

whats everyone's fastest Nordschliefe times ?

Ive spent hours fine tuning dampers and suspension and the rest of it With the Pagani Zonda R.

Best time is 6:40 can go faster I think.

ive been playing this alot the last few days, and it iritating me more and more each time, drift is now easy. But some of the cars bounce around far to much, the worst of which are in the invitational events, the DB9 at london and the carrera GT around spa. the carrera is near impossible to get to even the first corner without it bouncing around like crazy and while bouncing it doesnt stop or steer. sure these cars are supposed to be hard cars, but that is just stupid, im sure Porsche wouldnt make a car that starts pivoting around bouncing on all 4 wheels before you even turn the wheel...let alot on a beautiful track like spa.

In other events its easy enough to fix as you can actually tune the cars to some degree but in these invitational events you cant do anything.

anyone else had this issue?