SAU Community

Melbourne's Highway Patrol

Jap_Muscle

i was unaware that cops are allowed to fine you with demerit points if they decide to give you a major defect..? wtf?

I've been fined with demerits for a major defect, they basically do that at their own discretion. Sometimes it's no fine, sometimes its a fine and other times its a fine and demirit points. I really think you have to pick your mark if you get pulled up, be nice and hope for the best.

I really like how the show is not singling out imports, infact most of the import owners on the show have been quite pleasant to deal with compared to the other idiots. Tonights was amusing. Especially the un licensed driver that lost his licence for street racing.

And as for having a cruise to demonstrate that you are not hoons and getting today tonight/aca to be involved, I really don't think that will help. Realistically if you drive an illigally modified vehicle you run the chance of being fined or defected.

Its just the rules, if you don't like it go and buy a car that is street legal and call it a day, the law will never change, in fact it will continue to get more strict.

My 2cents.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do that, make sure all the cars going are all Road worthy and non defectable or can get EPA's otherwise, you just add fuel to the fire ....

Even if you do that, I'm pretty sure media crap like TT/ACA will make up something to make everyone attending the cruise look like a hoon to the general public. They probably show a scene of the cruise then dub burn out & tire screech sound on to it & cut to a scene of Japanese guys drifting in Japan & call it here.

Looking forward to today's show though. Hoons are starting to appear & this is where the show will get interesting :D

agh i missed it!

It's alright! It's on the net already lol, I just watched it.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/highway-patrol/

By the way, I find it funny how Officer Megan breaks the law when she is trying to reinforce the law. She just takes off her seatbelt while her car is still moving lol. So much for trying to set a good example.

Even if you do that, I'm pretty sure media crap like TT/ACA will make up something to make everyone attending the cruise look like a hoon to the general public. They probably show a scene of the cruise then dub burn out & tire screech sound on to it & cut to a scene of Japanese guys drifting in Japan & call it here.

Looking forward to today's show though. Hoons are starting to appear & this is where the show will get interesting :blink:

Sorry to tell you, but there's no hoons tonight lol :banana:

so far they havent really been concentrating on imports and hoons but its only the 2nd episode im sure in following episodes they will find a way to make us import drivers look like a problem. jus like fkn today tonight with all those drifting and street racing cover stories. all a load of crap tho, imports cop the blame even tho 90% of the cars displayed in the footage were bloody holdens

By the way, I find it funny how Officer Megan breaks the law when she is trying to reinforce the law. She just takes off her seatbelt while her car is still moving lol. So much for trying to set a good example.

haha, i was thinking that too! she's a bit of a bogan... but she puts up with a fair bit of sh!t from these westside guys..

It's called lawful exemption..

I got a canary on my car, I accept that, I accept that. It's a un-roadworthy car this n that, I accept that to the full max

I was in TEARS watching that bit, and I watched it about 30 times.

haha, i was thinking that too! she's a bit of a bogan... but she puts up with a fair bit of sh!t from these westside guys..

Yeah no shit, they just wouldn't stop talking, I really don't know how she can stay so calm lol

I must say that letting the driver go who didn't have ID was pretty stupid. I don't know if it's laziness or incompetence that she just took a photo and did checks later on. I have had similiar things plenty of times and always bring person back to station (arrest) until ID is confirmed and then issues fines etc.

I must say that letting the driver go who didn't have ID was pretty stupid. I don't know if it's laziness or incompetence that she just took a photo and did checks later on. I have had similiar things plenty of times and always bring person back to station (arrest) until ID is confirmed and then issues fines etc.

Just wondering, which area do you work in, Graeme? :banana:

I work in general duties in eastern suburbs. First point of proof for any offence is ID so we can arrest/detain anyone who has committed any offence until we are satisfied with their ID. 458 of Crimes Act.

TBH Most members probably because they are lazy would generally go about things similar to female member and in most cases wouldn't even be bothered chasing person up afterwards for stating false name.

i guess one good thing bout this show is that it should hopefully teach younger drivers not to mouth off to the cop who pulls u over. if u wanna be smart to them then might as well bend over and say be gentle

That police officer Megan, is she allowed to push the car down to check the suspension? I would hate for someone to do that to my car, i wouldn't even do that.

Imagine you had a show car respray on your car and just washed it and some police officer believes they are suspension testing experts and does that to your car.

By the way, i noticed the XR seats when she gets out of the car but jumps in a commodore? anyone else notice that?

Edited by XXX-33

btw, does anyone know the legislation surrounding pillar mounted gauges?

Interested to find it.

i had two gauge holder got pulled over they told me its a defect if the gauge is above the steering wheel hieght.. having said that the guy let me go and just said make sure i move them :thumbsup:

It's silly to target gauge pillars when a high % of cars out there today have Navigators stuck onto windscreens and cops don't do nothing about them.

It's silly to target gauge pillars when a high % of cars out there today have Navigators stuck onto windscreens and cops don't do nothing about them.

I heard that they say pillar gauges are distracting but GPS does not :)

Also for the mech guy driving without his Ps on I didn't know that you get points for not displaying Ps, thought it was just a fine.

Any case, looking forward to next weeks episode, they have P plater & hoons combined in the preview!!! :thumbsup: