SAU Community

Gt30rb First Dyno Run

gL3nJaMiN88

Hey guys im just about done my GT30R Project which i have been doing this year and im pleased to say that im 80% Done.

Took the car to get dyno tuned by a private tuner that works for lotus/haltech and got a dyno tune for $450 which included Wiring up Z32 AFM and Changing plugs and Putting in PowerFC Pro

22092009329.th.jpg

My mods to date are :

1996 S2 R33 Skyline

* Apexi/AP Engineering Power FC "Pro" With 3000RPM Launch Control

* GT30/82R Garrett Turbo Running Internal Gate 7PSI Actuator

* Tomei Z32 AFM + Plug

* SARD FPR Rising Rate @38psi

* Walbro 255LPH Internal Fuel pump with upped Voltage.

* FMIC 600x300x76

* Custom 3" Turbo to AFM in Aluminium

* Gizmo MS-IBC Boost Controller set at 12.5PSI

They were the mods i had when the car was dyno tuned . I've just put in some Spitfire coil packs which he told me to get and the car feels a little bit more happier. Tune took around 5 hour mark as the car was running on standard computer and this was the first tune on this set up so he did a really good map on air/fuel.

Future plans are now 740CC Injectors and then im complete.

The car made a very happy power output of 324HP @ the wheels which is more then what i expected with Stock Injectors and Low Boost.

img001cu.th.jpg

Edited by gL3nJaMiN88

Yeah its OK, but with more boost [say 16-18psi] it will probably get to 275-285rwkw, but that will be it. And on a hot day you could start to get knock unless you have lowered compression or WMI.

And probably won't get there without a heavier wastegate spring than 7psi. BTW you won't need 740cc injectors with that set up, 550's would be fine - of cause that depends on price and availability.

Its a good combo, but every time you do something you have the butterfly effect and then the moths come out of the wallet as well..........lol

Just under 260rwkw, about normal for that setup I'd say.

Progressive power and linear boost, turbo comes on a little slow, but that is also normal for that setup. Need to add more boost - once you have the injectors.

Its more like 240rwkw :domokun:

Anyway - ditch the fuel reg, if you are upgrading injectors there is no need for it at all.

thanks for the feedback guys , i'm getting the car dyno tuned again on monday for the coil packs to fix the issue i had with the spark going out on higher duty cycle .. I'll post new dyno sheets with more info on torque and afms ..but i'm pretty happy with setup going to hit WSID next week i think aswell