SAU Community

Frosting Headlights

del_sol87

depends, is it on the inside of the headlight? or outside? outside is easy as the guys have said... but inside is totally a different story,

i have mine , i think the HIDs exploded in them, and there stuffed on the inside...

i have got a quote, if its a soft seal, then it will cost $80 ea to open and polish on the inside,

if its a hard seal then it could cost any where up to $200ea

depends, is it on the inside of the headlight? or outside? outside is easy as the guys have said... but inside is totally a different story,

i have mine , i think the HIDs exploded in them, and there stuffed on the inside...

i have a feeling mine have done the same thing before i bought it. frosted on the inside (from the looks of it)

also. i've replaced my Xenons, but theres definately something not quite right as one headlight burns brighter than the other,

then when i swap the globes, the same headlight burns brighter.

anyone know what this is?? could be an aftermath of them exploding ??

if you want to check if its on the outside first, try using toothpaste on a rag and some elbow grease to "polish" it. most toothpaste is slightly abrasive. I used it on my s2 so I'm not making it up. Not quite as effective as the mcguire's (i used that also), but ok if its all you have ;)

ever heard of a serach ?

itll be on the outside . go but some plastx from what ever the oz equilivent of repco is . itll make them look mint for a while . depends on weather the car is kept garaged or outside . it is UV from the sun that makes them go like it and it will do it again as the factory UV resistant coating has worn out

the same thing happend in my S2, was frosted when i brought it from the inside but told the dealer i wouldnt take it home until they cleaned the lenses up, and they did, only took them 30 mins, they didnt seem phased. starting to come back again though.

This is mine, 100% inside the lens, the right side is better than the left side. ill get them fixed soon.

I have the same issue...I can't determine if it's inside or outside...did you ever notice that the fog went away when you went to wash the car...I know when I took my car to the car wash and wash my car...the fog on headlamps would dissappear for about 20-30 minutes and then come back

mine a a little leaky when i go to the car wash,, but im pretty sure its from the HIDs Exploding, i have the same issue at work when a light comes in and the reflector and front lens is damaged due to a lamp explosion, altho they are running from 150w right through to 1500W. lol. so the damage is a lot more.

I have the exact same problem! On the inside of the headlights, bought it like that.

The issue with one xenon headlight being brighter than the other, or one flickering happened to me on another car, I bought a wiring harness that goes direct from the battery to the globes (has a switch in between included), worked wonders. Apparently one globe doesn't get as much power as the other through the stock wiring so the harness evens it out by going directly from the battery instead. Hope that helps!