SAU Community

R33 Series 1 Conversion To Series 2?

skyline_freak_r33

Hi

Im getting sick of the series 1 skyline so i want to convert it to series 2...

I'm looking for a white r33 series 2 rear spoiler, r33 white series 2 front bar and r33 series 2 white rear boot garnish..

I just have a few questions firstlyy

will a series 2 garnish fit on a series 1?? or should i paint my current garnish??

secondly will i have to buy a new front end reinforcment bar?? or can i use my current one??

also will the series 2 bar fit with a series 1 bonnet?? or will it not fit or look stupid??

is a series 2 bonnet expensive??

also is it easy to install the front bar?? and will the series 2 spoiler fit the series 1 boot??

If anyone has an of these items can you let me knoww

or answer any questions please let me knoww :P

cheerrss guyss

Hi

Im getting sick of the series 1 skyline so i want to convert it to series 2... SIFFFFFF

I'm looking for a white r33 series 2 rear spoiler, r33 white series 2 front bar and r33 series 2 white rear boot garnish..

I just have a few questions firstlyy

will a series 2 garnish fit on a series 1?? or should i paint my current garnish?? it will fit.

secondly will i have to buy a new front end reinforcment bar?? or can i use my current one?? as far as i know you will as series 1 and 2 are different though i could be wrong

also will the series 2 bar fit with a series 1 bonnet?? or will it not fit or look stupid?? it will fit but id say it will look out of place

is a series 2 bonnet expensive?? depends where you get it

also is it easy to install the front bar?? and will the series 2 spoiler fit the series 1 boot?? front bar is a 2min job if your car is ghetto spec, maybe about 10 mins if you like screws :) spoiler will fit easy.

If anyone has an of these items can you let me knoww might have a white front bar on sunday when i pick my white r33 up :)

or answer any questions please let me knoww :P

cheerrss guyss

and as always if you need a hand just message me on msn :)

• Like 1

Save your money and spend it on the engine or a nice front mount if you haven't got one already...... You'll quickly get sick of a S1 that's trying to be a S2 and may have trouble selling it when the time comes.

S1 > S2 cant be done without bucket loads of cash

front bar is different due to guards being different therfore bonnet is different and then you will need a short list something like

front bar

font guards

new headlights

new bonnet

hinges, latches (maybe)

Pretty sure series 2 coilpacks are cheaper and easy to come by then series 1 as the series 2 relies on the ecu not an ignition module

arent s1 coilpacks cheaper coz u can use rb20 coilpacks and there all individual so u can replace them individually. whereas s2 are grouped or something? i think sum1 told me that correct me if i am wrong

there's no real difference between s1 and s2 engines! practically the same but the coil packs and turbo.

just get a s2 if you're not happy with the s1, i don't see the point in spending all this money and effort in making what you got to something that is already available

Pretty sure series 2 coilpacks are cheaper and easy to come by then series 1 as the series 2 relies on the ecu not an ignition module

same price

http://www.nengun.com/splitfire/super-dire...ignition-system

and i would say not as easy to come by i can use coil packs from

S1 Rb25

all R32 GTR's

all R33 GTR

s2 engines can only use S2 engined coils :D