SAU Community

Injectors

just a quick one, at what boost level would you upgarde the injectors? and at what point will they offer more power?

Using a power figure makes more sense than boost level, because different turbos flow different amounts of air at the same boost level. For GTR i believe its generally around the 280kw mark, assuming standard fuel rail pressure. Rough guideline only, YMMV.

The standard injectors would remain linear to around 84% duty cycle after that they go static meaning they're constantly open, this is what leads to detonation and blown engines.

If you have a PFC Handset or another aftermarket dash monitor your duty cycle, I ended up changing my injectors on my GT-R when I was above 250rwkw just to be safe with an in-tank fuel pump.

Edited by Parag0n

I bought seimens 550s from the states on ebay for around $500 dollars, otherwise sards from japan (nengun/greenline etc) will be more like $750.

On the seimens i replaced the top seal with o rings from the standard injectors, as the supplied seals fell apart (too large and we crushed AFAICT)

If you're doing it yourself check my DIY HERE