SAU Community

Drift Gtr Style Seats

DaveO74

I was at my local Autobarn store over the weekend and I saw some Drift GTR style seats (like the 34 ones?)

Have any of you guys got these seats? What do you think of them? Pros/Cons

At $449 each they are obviously a lot cheaper than genuine items and they felt ok and are comfortable, the only thing is Im not sure if they are ADR approved.

Any thoughts?

Hey dave i think the main con for any of the cheap replica seats (autobarn/justjap) is they dont come with proper rails only univeral ones which will cost a few hundred each to get modified to suit your car.

i would like a set of 33gtr seat for my 33 but a good set is like $1000-1200 but they bolt straight in.

cheers Rich

ppl just use bride rails and they fit on the eastbear ones, havent had a look at the DRIFT seats but i assume it might be the case with these too.

they are ADR approved & come with lifetime warranty on the frame, wow, cant go wrong there.

google DRIFT seats and visit their website for more info :P

this was the seat i was going to get but instead got a Recaro.

btw, which Autobarn did you go to? cause $449 is a good price, they were $499 when i enquired about them earlier this year.

Chris do you know how much fiddling around is required for the new rails? As in just a bracket thing to make them fit or drilling new holes etc?

Dori34: it was at Dural autobarn where I spotted the seats

eastbear copies have rails made for them, so straight fit if you buy the rails to suit. Bride rails arent much cheaper if at all.

i have a stock 33 seat at the shop, i'll try to have a look at it this week, see how hard it is to remove the rail from the seat on those.

if its not too bad, then fabing up an adapter to bolt the new seat to your stock rail shouldnt be hard - just cant sell off your old seat without teh rails on them

removing the rails of the stock r33 is alot harder then you originally would figure I was looking to do it once and the problem was the rail is hooked up to the back seat adjuster and all that and also seatbelt buckles are part of it, if your gona do it either fabricate brackets from scratch or buy some ones reusing stock ones is to much effort

^^ yup there isnt really a way to reuse the rails from the 33 seats.

I used universal rails and made up some brackets out of steel to weld to either end of the rails. i made the brackets to be the same as the standard ones as far as looks. they just had to sit further out on the universal rails.was like $70 each rail set from autobarn and the a bit of scrap metal some time and a welder.

Also check the height of the back of the chair and check against yours as i had dramas with my autotechnica seats hitting the roof when brung forward to allow a passenger into the rear :blink:

So i sold em..

But the brackets worked a treat :banana:

Corey

Edited by sIIgtst

I thought Powerplay were the only people selling these

http://www.powerplayimports.com/index.php?...p;higher_cat=29

Nengun - ~ $860 each delivered

http://www.nengun.com/east-bear/sigma-reclining-seats

also appears C-Red have them

Wonder how much from powerplay??

You have to admit sometimes they are not the cheapest dealers around :D

Thanks for the links craved.

The freight is the killer:( but at leat there brand new instead of 2nd hand gtr ones - i will keep them in mind if i cant find a cheap set of 33gtr seats.

cheers rich

if you didnt want to keep your stock seats they would be usable as a rail for your new seats - just need to make a small frame to connect the seat to the stock 4 bolt setup - should be able tor etain the stock plastic side pieces

really depends on the seat you replace them with