SAU Community

Anyone Else Think

g33k

Think so.

Looks: Don't be so sure about the radical looks, its only a concept so expect a slightly more toned down version, with bigger lights. Im expecting it to be

close to what it looks right now. Interior: Expect huge changes, no way its gonna look like that.

Power: I think the chassis will be kinda soft, judging from the WRX, and the Supra's. Engine 2.0L??!! kinda small anyone? very sure they will do a Turbo version later on or a 3.0L.

This is an AFFORDABLE, 5 seater.....its kind of like comparing the V36/35 Coupe and a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Sort of similar yet very different.

Just my 2c.........saying all that, cant wait to see it!!

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...ArticleID=66176

RWD When its released apparently in 2011!

It's not a V competitor.

Firstly, it has a 2.0L engine. Even if they release a FI variant, I wouldn't be comparing it to a big V6.

Secondly, the Toybaru is almost half a metre shorter. That's a major size difference.

The interior looks more sports than grand tourer, which is the V's niche.

In Nissan's historic range, this thing could be the competitor to a Silvia rather than a Skyline.

The closest competitor to the V35 right now would be the Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

They are saying it will have a price tag of $25,000 USD. This equates to roughly $60,000 once it hits the showrooms in australia.

On paper it looks like more of a competitor against the RX8.

I would have been more excited if it had a toyota motor...

They are saying it will have a price tag of $25,000 USD. This equates to roughly $60,000 once it hits the showrooms in australia.

On paper it looks like more of a competitor against the RX8.

I would have been more excited if it had a toyota motor...

$60k? How did you arrive at that figure?

$60k? How did you arrive at that figure?

I spent some time in the states recently and took notice of what they pay for cars.. A good example is the 370z, in australia we pay over $70,000 but in the states they have a recommended price tag of only $29,000.

They pay about $27,000 for an RX8.

I spent some time in the states recently and took notice of what they pay for cars.. A good example is the 370z, in australia we pay over $70,000 but in the states they have a recommended price tag of only $29,000.

They pay about $27,000 for an RX8.

Wow massive price difference. Wonder why? Only reason I can think of (aside from taxes and duties) would be the purchasing power of the car companies in America to import from Japan in bulk (from the manufacturer) and perhaps the US Dollar is stronger against the Yen than our Aussie Dollar. Still - seems a very very large price difference.

tariffs at the dock and all that jazz, due this + to geography, population market and such mean australia gets the bum end of the stick for automobiles, we really are the red headed step-child of the international auto community

I couldn't see the toybaru being more than the price point of current RX-8s imo

What a fugly car!!! Concept my backside...

Concept cars are supposed to be 'futuristic' - this body looks so 1990s....like the poor man's version of a 1990s supercar that quite ain't a supercar. The current Lexus IS250 looks way more better...

Give me a Honda Civic anyday...

TOYOTA - if the corporate decision was to scrap every exciting car out of your production stable (GT4, Supra, MR2...), why are you now changing your mind? Stick to your mass production donks....