SAU Community

Small Car Sunday

dodgen

You guys still don't get it? Its about diversity.... If we all did the same mods that would be very boring.

I personally don't like chromies or kits or whitewalls but that doesn't mean they should be excluded from shows.

Talbo and steve you are entitled to your opinions also but don't kid yourself that you speak on behalf of the whole scene... clearly you don't.

It comes down to an individuals INTERPRETATION... and who has that right?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

see i think most people dont buy into this diversity shit anymore. using that logic, any mod, as distasteful and horrid as it may be, can be classed as a 'different style'. plain and simple, people ruin cars by having no taste. saying its just not to our taste is like saying aids is not to our liking coz we arnt gay. aids is aids, crap mods are crap mods.

see i think most people dont buy into this diversity shit anymore. using that logic, any mod, as distasteful and horrid as it may be, can be classed as a 'different style'. plain and simple, people ruin cars by having no taste. saying its just not to our taste is like saying aids is not to our liking coz we arnt gay. aids is aids, crap mods are crap mods.

And being gay is the only way you get aids right?

The next show will be real interesting with a whole row of S13's modded exactly the same as yours... you don't have to like it but you don't have the right to exclude them either... meh, my two cents.

Well my R32 Gtr got knocked back aswell there wont be a second time .

Haven't we already discussed this one before Shane?

Did you not receive anything or did you actually receive a rejection letter? We had numerous glitches with our emails updating to a new online form system this year, it would more likely be that we may not have even received the application than anything else. You're more than welcome to bring your car back if you want to in 2010, it would've been definitely let in this year if we had our sh*t together.

Just to clarify a few things, having selection criteria for AJD is no different to what Auto Salon does. Try putting an unpainted unfinished project in Auto Salon and see how far you get.

The original purpose for the show was to provide a place where people could admire cars that are good original condition, or builds in progress, or works of engineering, etc etc and generally chat to each other, rather than roping off their cars and stressing about people touching their air-brushed diffs. We had a V8-powered Landcruiser covered in dirt and mud tyres etc etc sitting alongside the Wheelworx S15 track car, sitting alongside an original Isuzu Bellett, and all were admired for different reasons by the people that were there.

The reason for rejecting "sex-spec" cars is because Auto Salon already caters for them, pure and simple. We wanted to target a different market, and get back to the old-school style of car shows when it was about the cars rather than the show.

In the end, it DOES come down to interpretation, that's the beauty of running your own car show - if people don't agree with our selection, they will vote with their feet, that's fine, entry for spectators is free anyway. We're planning to run 5 events across Australia next year though, so I think the concept still has legs :devil:

And being gay is the only way you get aids right?

The next show will be real interesting with a whole row of S13's modded exactly the same as yours... you don't have to like it but you don't have the right to exclude them either... meh, my two cents.

see heres the difference, no one is telling people HOW TO mods their cars, they are telling people HOW NOT TO modify their cars.

i dont think ive ever said for people to copy me, in fact i usually deter people who head down a similar path as my car styling. there are so many tough silvia's world wide that look nothing like my car. the above comment is so crazy my head will implode if i further try to debate it.

rather than roping off their cars and stressing about people touching their air-brushed diffs.

air brushing a diff..

and people being able to touch it..

but yet having it roped off..

oh the hillarity!

:devil:

Just to clarify a few things, having selection criteria for AJD is no different to what Auto Salon does. Try putting an unpainted unfinished project in Auto Salon and see how far you get.

We have submitted a wreaked R32 GTR to autosalon in our SAU display one year to show what can happen in motorsport..It was a crowd pleaser as everyone likes to look at carnage

So what show are you starting?

I miss SCS..Was a cool show and I even got in Hot4's mag there one year! :devil:

We have submitted a wreaked R32 GTR to autosalon in our SAU display one year to show what can happen in motorsport..It was a crowd pleaser as everyone likes to look at carnage

So what show are you starting?

I miss SCS..Was a cool show and I even got in Hot4's mag there one year! :devil:

http://www.alljapanday.com.au/

Been going here for a couple of years, but we're planning to expand it for 2010. More details soon :P

no one is telling people HOW TO mods their cars, they are telling people HOW NOT TO modify their cars.

Who cares if people tell you how not to modify your car.... its YOUR CAR, you own it not everyone else. If they like doing those things to their cars let em. They work hard to pay for those mods so leave em be.

Move on with your life

You guys still don't get it? Its about diversity.... If we all did the same mods that would be very boring.

I personally don't like chromies or kits or whitewalls but that doesn't mean they should be excluded from shows.

Talbo and steve you are entitled to your opinions also but don't kid yourself that you speak on behalf of the whole scene... clearly you don't.

It comes down to an individuals INTERPRETATION... and who has that right?

Maybe you should go back and re-read what I actually posted :devil:

f**k who cares?

You wanna get into AJD. Copy all the ns.com fitment queens or go build a drift car and smack the tires abit.

You wanna get into Autosalon. Put leather and tvs in your engine bay and have 24x7" rims.

Simple, both shows cater for different aspects of the modified car scene and not every single car is going to be able to go to both.