SAU Community

Job And Facebook

Sami

simple solution- say your fb got hacked and you don't no anything about. And once you say that is is bullying he will have to back off twice as hard.

Not been a d*ck either my posting the above, but there needs to be tangible evidence against to make a case, there is no way in hell fb is tangible.

Secondly once it is on the record that he is bullying then they will have to be very careful abouting sacking, especially if you have the union on your side.

And thirdly dw doing dumb posts on FB haha good luck

thanks alot for all the replies boys

honestly i am not fussed and will leave the company if things get worse... as someone said before its not like its an amazing place lol

i have made a few decisions and going to investigate abit on something i have planned and if all works out then i shall have a resolution.

on another note the supervisor who started all this is someone not likable by anyone so i think it would only be fair if i gave him a medicine of his own.....

if u all must know it all started coz i replaced my shift and even told the supervisor but the guy that replaced me couldnt come on the day as him mum was sick and i was getting blamed even though i took the extra step... anyway thanks for the advices and i am looking for another job already but dont want to get out of this one in a bad way coz i been there over 5 years and want it to still look good on my resume.

If I ever worked for a company that would sack me over stuff like that I would be out of there asap. Bugger that for a joke. There are so many suck up loosers out there that try to climb the chain and shit on everybody below them on the way up. This world really needs a reality check! A good manager IMO would have had a go at you. Made you feel bad for half an hour. Let you think about it and then came back and discussed the problem in a nice way so settle everything back down. They have by far been the best types of people who I have worked for. You hate them for a bit and then its back to normal and its off your chest and thiers.

By your comment your not intending to do anything. Your just watching as the people above you run the company into the ground. Not you fault the employed a bunch of monkeys. Sounds like the manager is intimidated by you and doesn't want his position to be comprimised so he want you out of the picture. I have worked for a few of them and thats the way they work!

Go in there with a can of "Harden the F up" for them and resign if thats what the meeetings about. It only Safeway anyway! If your a good worker its thier loss!

mate u took the words right out of my mouth.... few years ago we has those kinds of managers who did not take advantage of their authority and were friendly and trustworthy but now they feel that they are kings lol

If you do have a meeting with your boss over it, call an S.D.A. rep (Union rep) and get their opinion and generally they are more than willing to come into the meeting with you to help you out. I used to be a union delegate for Woolworths a while back. If you need the number, just shoot me a pm.

joining union now lol... got all paperwork from work so all good thanks but if i need a few question i'll get in contact. cheers champ

I work for safeway aswell and i can tell you that at least 3 people have definitely been given the sack for comments they have made on facebook. The reason being that you are still representing the company. Admittedly these people were managers and as such are expected to have more respect and loyalty for the company.

I would say it will be up to the discretion of your store manager, if they like you and you're a good worker then you'll get a first and final warning, if they don't like you they'll show you the door. Out of interest what store do you work for?

Good luck

Regardless of whose time its on if youre on FB rattling on about work it will not end well. You are representing your company's brand when you refer to them. To do so negatively results in defamation and slander against their brand, causing them to lose work from the people who listen to you.

Of course theyre going to fire you if youre being a knob about it.

Grow up.

Regardless of whose time its on if youre on FB rattling on about work it will not end well. You are representing your company's brand when you refer to them. To do so negatively results in defamation and slander against their brand, causing them to lose work from the people who listen to you.

Of course theyre going to fire you if youre being a knob about it.

Grow up.

did u even read the thread?

who are u telling to grow up? have u not ever had a low point at work? i think u have

dont go around talking shit as i know all this crap u are talking already

ur a fkn knob for coming here and stating the obvious.

i did not put up a thread to be abused but only to get some advice and no thanks to you it was helpful

next time think before u talk crap... or even better READ

Hey Sami, so you have worked at safeway for 5 years?, thats a pretty good effort I think!, so you made some remarks about safeway and a rat gave you up to better there own interest, a bit sad really.

These pricks rip us off blind at the supermarket and were supposed to feel sorry for them, maybe they should employee robots, or is that just around the corner, Best of luck, Go Sami

I have 3 staff working for me and they are all on Facebook. I haven't added them because as a boss and company owner I'd prefer NOT to know. But to be honest perhaps people should think twice about the shit they post of Facebook, after all it is a public site by default.

With regards to Safeway I'd ask to see a copy of their policy regarding this. Being a big company though you might be shit out of luck, they may be one step ahead as it's a growing trend.

if you can't face of consequences of your comments, NEVER post them online. pics, comments never go away , might not hurt you tomorrow but one day will come back to haunt you.

also, it might be a wise idea to restrict your facebook settings, only close friends should be able to read your status, view wall posts ect.

this is why i don't friend people from work (plus don't know them that well) and un-tag all pictures that would be comprising, ie, when im wasted :thumbsup:

im studying an IT based course, just covered a subject that included problems like this.

Edited by Peter89