SAU Community

Worst Bumps/potholes In Perth

Tony de Wonderful

Ok I'm talking 'proper' roads not some rural roads in the back of beyond.

I drive to work down orrong rd and there are some bad potholes southbound/eastbound on the left lane just before the Leach. I try and weave around them normally.

Some rds in Subi are crap and tons of stupid speed humps.

Southbound on the Kwinana just before the narrows where the rd goes down and right, there are some 'joints' in the rd, on the far left lane one of these joints - whilst not being a 'bang' type jolt - lifts the car up then down real fast and you get a big 'jounce' in the steering. Makes the car kind of creak and flex. :) The sort of thing that would catch you out a bit if you going 'fast' and weren't expecting it, especially as there is a big barrier inches to your left. :O

Obviously if you are running soft as stock suspension or sway bars you may not notice it quite so much. :D

Edited by Tony de Wonderful

The left lane of Guildford Rd is just shite!

The Garrett (sp?) Rd bridge is ridiculously horrible.

The main st/Scarborough Beach road intersection is bad too, particularly heading into Osborne Park from Mount Hawthorn.

And the left hand, right turning lane when you exit the fwy heading south at Hutton street is murder.

Oh and I try and avoid most shopping centres too. Grrr!

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Dunno how many of you have been to Mundaring and Chidlow, that sort of area, but it is fucking terrible up there. And they always fix the part of the road that doesn't need to be fixed, like there will be one little pot hole and they will dig up a 20 meter section of road and repave it all, while 1km further down the road there is a section with pot-holes the size of Europe and corrugations like the alps, and they never fix those bits! F ucking Mundaring shire :)

Cnr of Canning Highway and North Lake Road where Caltex and KFC is ..... son of rajab the road there is horrible ... feels like my coilovers are going to explode and my rims are going to buckle ... :)

Hai :D

Entering Mundaring Weir Road from Mundaring (going past HJs) is deadly.......

Lol yes! Its terrible there! Yet they rip up the whole highway from the traffic lights to way past the peak and repave all of that :stupid:

Still can't believe i don't spot you haha, im out and about everyday, its not like i lock myself in my house lol. Is it you that locks yourself inside? :(

Cnr of Canning Highway and North Lake Road where Caltex and KFC is ..... son of rajab the road there is horrible ... feels like my coilovers are going to explode and my rims are going to buckle ... :D

Agreed! I hate this part of the road! Also the horse shoe bridge in Perth! That right hand lane sucks balls!

Edited by R32 GTS4 4DOOR

Corfield St Gosnells, just as the roads converge to a single lane after exiting Tonkin heading towards Thornlie.

Yes! There's that really bad drop in the road right before the shops. Then on the way back through the round about is probably worse...

Rowley road that runs between Tonkin hwy and Nicolson road is farrrrrked

I would say this is even bad in a factory suspension car. Especially since it's an 80km/h limt and it just bounces the car up and down all the way haha.

There's a hole or something on the left turn off Albany Hwy into Vic Park where Macca's is. I never see it and just gives the car a really sharp jolt. Sounds like parts are falling off...

Anyone that fills up at BP in midland? All those speed bumps and pot holes and small but steep hills that kill lowered cars in between the BP and the Thirsty Camel? Yeh that area is intense!

Whitfords ave near wanneroo road seems to get new pot holes every week in the same sections of the road. They patch them up and then a week later there will be a new pot hole 1 foot away from the patched one they've just done. Maybe they should spend some of that money they make from speeding tickets on that road to actually fixing said road properly.