SAU Community

Your First Car - Turbo Or N/a

adznight

Was your first car Turbo or NA  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow this is actually an interesting pole as some had more expensive cars previous to the skyline and end up having a skyline as the current ride, while some work their way up to the skyline and some 27year old "kid" having a GTR as a first car.. Hmm anyway here's my list

1st 89 prelude (spent sh!tloads doin it up) eye candy!

2nd 2003 Alfa Romeo spyder convertible (loved it and then sold it due to income decrease)

3rd 2003 Lancer (meh)

4th and current 1994 R33 GTST (weeeeee!!!)

all manual except for first!

Happy holidays!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my list of cars from 1st to current are,

1, suzuki swift (3cyl carbie 1L)

2, VP s pack commodore (ss interior, ss body kit, ss exhaust from cat back and ss tank and leather senator seats)

3, S3 suzuki swift GTI (strengthened gearbox, cams, pacemaker exhaust with 4in tip)

4, S1 suzuki swift GTI (standard)

5, Mitsubishi express L300 van (cost me $300 and was rego'd for 6 months)

6, 66 HR ute (3sp column shift manual chevoit rims)

7, AE92 corolla (1.6L carbie)

8, current car AU S1 V8 5.0L fairmont Ghia Wagon (EL GT rims cross drilled and slotted rotors all round and 2.5inch exhaust from cat back)

misses has R33 GTS S2 im buying off her and that will be my first skyline....

Started with a 85 magna, then moved to a NXR which i later turbod, then to an evo 4 and now my R33 gtst

I think having the magna as a first car was actually really good despite it being an old heap... trying to drive it fast was a challenge at best which seems to have paid off later down the track.. the better my cars the better I drove them (atleast in my opinion anyway). Meanwhile people who had used the excuse "ill come twisties when i get my new car" still seem to be making excuses, new cars and all.

IMO any true enthusiast should start low, NA and slow. Do that for a couple of years and reap the benefits when you move up. Plus, you dont need to go through the pain of crashing and destroying your good car (if your one of them people that dont crash, you seriously arent trying hard enough) :)

My 2c and voted.

well my list of cars from 1st to current are,

1, suzuki swift (3cyl carbie 1L)

2, VP s pack commodore (ss interior, ss body kit, ss exhaust from cat back and ss tank and leather senator seats)

3, S3 suzuki swift GTI (strengthened gearbox, cams, pacemaker exhaust with 4in tip)

4, S1 suzuki swift GTI (standard)

5, Mitsubishi express L300 van (cost me $300 and was rego'd for 6 months)

6, 66 HR ute (3sp column shift manual chevoit rims)

7, AE92 corolla (1.6L carbie)

8, current car AU S1 V8 5.0L fairmont Ghia Wagon (EL GT rims cross drilled and slotted rotors all round and 2.5inch exhaust from cat back)

misses has R33 GTS S2 im buying off her and that will be my first skyline....

Thats a good list bro, swift gti's are the shiznit car, and i cant wait to get another one as my daily..

My list

First Car - 95 mk3 suzuki swift gti.. 1.3 efi - 2 inch exhaust and pod/cai and 14" wheels, lowered.. still the best car i think iv ever owned, handled like a gokart and redlined at like 8000 or something crazy like that, had it over 10000 rpm a few times.. ;) will definately be buying another one as my daily as soon as the opportunity arises.. car was stolen and i got very little back on the car.. :( i was very very very heartbroken..

DSC00809.jpg

Second and Third Car - I got 2 1994 1.6 litre swifts sedans (EGAY, $400 for both) that i used whilst the GTI was in the shop after my missus at the time crashed into the arse of someone.. lucky i bought them though as the GTI was stolen about 4 months after so at least i had transport.. were alright cars but nothing compared to the gti, i think i sold them for like $1000 on egay when i got over them/didnt need them anymore..

16102006082.jpg

Forth car - 1960 something mini minor.. had a bit of rust in the floor but the engine had 55 thousand on it and it turned over and ran amazing.. only drove the car one time, and it sucked TBH.. far too small and far too close to the road, and this coming from someone that had a swift gti.. anyhows a mate of mine was moving and he owned it, was trying to get rid off it, i had like $100 bucks in my wallet for some reason, ended up giving it too him and getting the mini towed to my house.. had no intentions other than too whack the mini on egay, ended up selling it there for like $1200.. soon after i called my mate and sent him a photo of the receipt, and i put another $100 into his account.. was a good month for me there.. :) - no photos of this beast..

fifth car - 1989 White R31 Ti - Auto boat, and stock as a rock.. Had decent plans for this car but a manual/later model TI (blue) came up about 3 months later with lower k's and i bought that one as well, obviously i put everything i bought for the white one, into the blue one so now i have two r31's, havent needed much off the white car other than stealing the AFM that was new and putting it on the blue car..

dadspics011.jpg

Sixth/Current car - 1990 Blue Ti converted to manual, with silo lsd, lowered and extractors, faded bonnet and bootlid.. havent done anything to this car really as iv been working a hell of alot lately, have been putting cash away pretty steadily though so will have some major updates soon..

Picture268.jpg

So yeah, a decent little list.. respect to all the gti owners out there, they are awesome little cars.. ;)

Edited by iadore4door34s

I started with a N/A VX S Commodore - Phantom Mica Black and dropped on VY SS rims. All show and no balls.

Then when I was just about to get off my P's, I bought my then dream car - a series 3 R33 GTR in KR4 silver.

At present - i'm car less, and still looking for the new laady car in my life :) hahaha

Edited by KR4-GTR

first car

Ford Falcon AU ex-taxi ~900,000km's on the clock, LPG, handbrake didnt work, when idle you would have to apply the brakes and rev to 2,000rpm to keep the car alive. And drove like a dream.

Thats a good list bro, swift gti's are the shiznit car, and i cant wait to get another one as my daily..

So yeah, a decent little list.. respect to all the gti owners out there, they are awesome little cars.. :)

thanks mate wish i had never gotten rid of the 3 swifts i had, my S3 GTI was same handled awsome and it used to hit the 9,000 RPM quite frequently lol the only probs i ever had with it was the coil pack HT lead would keep falling off the coil from the axle tramping it got with wheel spin... the S1 went just as hard too but it never left the garage...