SAU Community

Removed Atessa System - Abs Light On

sbyder

Hi all.

Just completed an engine conversion on a RWD cedric using a 4WD Cedric RB25DET half cut.

I've converted the transmission to RWD by pulling the front driveshaft and blocking up the high pressure line that would normally run to the actuators above the diff. As the half cut did not come with any actuators, ecu, rear end wiring loom or the res for the atessa system, i would have thought the ECU should cope with out it. Now the ABS light is on constantly.

Does anyone know what needs to be shorted/looped or removed in order to have ABS working but ATESSA not? Keep in mind that the original body loom has remained intact and only the engine harness has been replaced.

Another issue is that I have wired up the automatic plugs to the appropriate wires in the vehicle loom according to the half cuts loom. The POWER mode light now flashes occasionally.

The auto box changes from Park - Reverse - Neutral - Drive and all the lights work on the dash, but it does not change gear at all. Put it in Drive and it will act like its stuck in one gear.

Any help would be appreciated. Apart from these 2 issues my conversion is complete and im very happy with its progress.

Ben

auto gear change issue resolved. Turned out to be a small white box near the key needed to be switched. It now can realise what gear I want it in. Still no O/D though :banana:

ABS light is constantly on still though. Anyway we can bypass the ATESSA check?

the abs ecu is the attessa ecu aswell...

the solution is in the plug, it has a stitch in it that is closed when unplugged.

so your original car had abs? im not familiar with the cedric and how it is wired..

the abs ecu is the attessa ecu aswell...

the solution is in the plug, it has a stitch in it that is closed when unplugged.

so your original car had abs? im not familiar with the cedric and how it is wired..

yes my original car had ABS and all the chassis and ABS loom has not changed. I have simply added the engine, transmission, ECU and loom and adapted the 2 automatic plugs into the chassis loom for the automatic to work properly. The cedric has a VDU like the Series 2 stagea's so when it powers up, the ABS error comes up on the screen as well as the light on the dash.

If the ATESSA ECU is the ABS ECU and i am missing the ATESSA ECU, maybe ABS is actually working but the ATESSA is obviously not causing the error to come up on the screen.

Strange issue and i think i might be the 1st to ever encounter it. ;)

Edited by sbyder

• 3 weeks later...

Abs ecu will need signals from engine ecu - tacho & speed.

Engine loom should have wires spliced already if abs was fitted in half cut.

Simply match up wires to body loom.

Abs relays (above abs pump) also play up esp if playing in that area.

Also check LH front abs sensor is plugged in - sometimes wires run in engine loom.